Part 28: "How Was Your Show?"

Start from the beginning

"Why didn't you tell us Hope?...We're your family," Freya asks softly.

That finally brings Hope's gaze back to her. She shoots her aunt an incredulous look, completely in disbelief at the sentiment.

"I don't remember us ever being a family...You made sure of that."

That seems to strike Freya's heart more than anything else, and she lowers her head. Josie thinks it's a act of regret or maybe guilt...

Finally the doctor walks in, and Josie hopes it'll relieve some of the tension in the air.

Marcel looks to him, "Could you give us the rundown, Doctor?"

The doctor nods and looks between Hope and her wife, "Look, this is going to be a long rehab, and your starting from zero. As you all already know, the damage done to your legs is significant, Ms. Mikaelson."

Hope runs a hand through her hair, letting out a sigh.

Josie asks, knowing it's a concern for Hope, "Will she be able to run again? Or fly? It's therapeutic for her."

She squeezes Hope's hand lightly, knowing she's growing more anxious.

"Let's get her walking first. Then we can talk about the rest."

Josie nods, "Thank you, Doctor." When the doctor leaves the room, Josie begins comfortingly running her fingers through Hope's hair, honestly relieved that she's seeing her wife, though she desperately wishes it was under different circumstances. She whispers to her, "You'll be healed up and running before you know it, baby."

Hope swallows thickly, sharing a glance with MG knowingly.

He doesn't know everything, but he knows enough to know that's not entirely true.

Rebekah shakes her head, mumbling, "Your mother would've been heartbroken to see you like this."

Hope can't even look at her. She's looks to her side, opposite of Josie, shaking her head lightly. She bites her bottom lip, trying to fight the tears of anger and pain threatening to escape her.

Freya notices though, and she clears her throat, looking at her siblings, "Come on guys, let's give them a minute," She ushers her head towards the couple.

Kol nods, soon followed by a reluctant Rebekah.

Lizzie thinks she and MG should probably also give them a moment of privacy, "Yeah, we'll be right outside if you need anything." She squeezes Hope's hand before letting it go and making her way toward the door, behind the Mikaelson family.

Josie nods gratefully and follows everyone to the door, shutting it behind them.

She hears a long sigh leave Hope's lips. Maybe a sigh of relief.

She turns back toward her wife to see that Hope isn't looking at her.

"I uhh...I'm sorry. I went to Freya, but the others were there, and I was just so worried about y—"

"You've gotta be kidding me, Jo. My family? Holy sh—"

Hope leans back against her pillow, trying to steady her breathing.

Josie's a little taken aback by Hope's tone with her, but she sees that Hope's family being here as triggered something for her, "Hope, it's fine, okay? You're gonna be—"