Part 30: "Don't Tempt Me"

Hope closes her eyes with a sigh as she and Josie pull up her her beach house, Rebekah's car parking right behind them.

Josie looks over to her, softly interjecting her thoughts, "Hope, she's just trying to help."

Hope glances to Josie before looking away with a scoff, "She's being nosy. And I've done just fine without her help for years now."

Hope opens the car door and Josie purses her lips together, wanting to argue, but she bites her tongue. Hope's had a long, emotional day.

"Hold on," She says as she sees a very stubborn Hope beginning to maneuver her legs out the car door. Josie gets out of the car and grabs the wheelchair from the back, bringing it close to Hope's door.

She moves to assist Hope as she moves into the seat, but Hope declines, "I got it, Jo."

At least she didn't say it with an attitude. But still, Josie rolls her eyes at the stubbornness.

"Hope Andrea Mikaelson, don't you dare try to do that by yourself," Rebekah scolds.

Hope huffs, stopping her movements to glare in the direction of her aunt.

When Rebekah sees Hope move to continue her previous task, she rolls her eyes, vamping over without warning, picking up the girl and speeding her to the door, chair in her other hand.

Hope wants to groan when she realizes what happened, but she just sits into the chair and crosses her arms with a pout, "I didn't need help."

Rebekah studies her for a moment, "It's been days and you're no better, Hope. Why aren't you healing properly?"

"On the contrary, the doctors say I'm progressing normally."

Rebekah notes pointedly, "You aren't normal. You're the Tribrid and a Mikaelson—"

"That doesn't mean anything anymore," Hope says simply, though the words bite.

Rebekah shakes her head, biting her tongue, and looking over to Josie who's already grabbing their bags from her trunk, "I'll be back later to take Hope to PT, love. Call my cell if you need anything, you have my number."

"Thank you, Rebekah," Josie says politely as Hope facepalms dramatically, "Let's get you inside, babe," Josie tells her, keeping up the act for Hope's aunt.

She gets the door open and sets their stuff inside the doorway before turning around to help Hope inside, only to see that she's already pushed herself through.

"Stubborn ass," Josie groans.

"My arms work fine, Jo. I can't let you do everything for me."

Josie supposes she's right. It's good to have a little bit of independence, but she doesn't need to overdo it.

Hope glances to the small table by the door, seeing Josie's meds sitting there. Lizzie most likely picked them up for her. The bottle looks larger though, so does the syringe.

Josie picks them up to move them to the bedroom as she explains to Hope, "I figured that I'd need more since you'll be home from now on, and you have more magic..." Her words trail off as she puts the stuff away. She's not sure why she felt the need to explain herself to Hope anyway.

"Is that safe?" She hears Hope ask from the living area.

Josie furrows her eyebrows at that. "Yeah, about as safe as you intercepting a missile," She replies sarcastically.

Hope rolls her eyes, "Sorry for asking."

Josie just sighs, reminding herself not to bitch at Hope today.