- CHAPTER 3: No Excuse, Bruce -

I started to rethink anything and everything I had just said. The prefects probably had no choice to do it. Maybe that was why Gwyneth looked like she'd cry. If anything, I should be grateful. They probably broke into the school just to get me out. They were all in their own clothes.
I felt a wave of pity wash over me.

It made me think of how hard it must be to be a prefect in a school like ours.
They all had to be like soldiers and put kids in that dark room like they had done to me or be perfect all the time. And everything they had to do was instructed by that purely vile woman. The one and only Agatha Trunchbull we all hated and were scared of.
The worst part of it all was that they're just kids mostly my age.
Primary school kids and they have to be perfect all the time.

I got up and left the classroom to go find the prefects.
I found them sitting on the steps and looking ashamed. Gwyn first saw me and stood up.
"Hortensia?"
I looked at them ashamedly. "..I'm sorry, okay. I know you had no choice to do it."
Gwyn nodded and grinned. "It's okay."

We all talked for a while until we all fell asleep in a classroom. We suddenly woke up when the entry door swung open and harsh footsteps marched along the marble floors. I peeked up to find Ms Trunchbull talking to some teachers sternly before leaving upstairs. I quickly got up and locked the door of the classroom and put chairs against the door incase they had a key to get in. I sat down fast because they had flashlights and were pointing them inside. Luckily they couldn't see the chairs so they just moved on. I looked up at the clock to check the time..
9:22

Perfect. School should start in a few minutes. I shook the prefects awake and Molly started panicking.
"Oh no. Oh god. We don't have our uniforms.. What do we do!?" She panicked.
"Calm down. I know where to find some." I told her and I put the chair away and opened the door. We creeped down towards a changing room and there were tons of uniforms. They all put theirs on and the bell went on time.
Henry started to speak and I cut him off. "Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm going to class." I rolled my eyes and left with Gwyneth following from behind.
"Where do we get our red blazers?" Gwyn asked a rhetorical question and I shrugged.

We saw Ms Trunchbull and I looked down the whole time, quickening my pace to class. I looked over my shoulder to see her glaring at me. I remembered everything going on at home and how my parents were probably furious at me. I couldn't keep staying scared of her. What about the plan? I sighed and went to class, trying to forget it.

Hours later, it was finally lunch. We all went to the cafeteria to eat after being incredibly hungry. I looked around to see Matilda and Ms Honey hugging. It was quite adorable actually until a loud scary voice interrupted.
"What a touching little scene."
I looked up to find her looking down. She stomped down the stairs before catching my eye and glaring at me.
"Move." She yelled and kids hurriedly pushed their tables away. She marched over to Matilda and Ms Honey while I moved to the back of the cafeteria. "I believe I had said this maggot was to receive no special treatment. This one especially." She leaned in closely to Ms Honey who stepped back.
"No Ms Trunchbull, Matilda is not-"
Ms Trunchbull swiftly turned around and raised her eyebrows. "Did you just say no, Jenny? To me?" She asked. Ms Honey just stepped back, looking down.

Trunchbull quickly grabbed Matilda's arm and pulled her up to the stage and for a second it made me remember yesterday. I kept thinking until the Trunchbull spoke up.
"Matilda Wormwood is a criminal." She stated.
"This morning, a piece of my private chocolate cake was stolen. It is my contention that you performed vileness, Wormwood. You have two choices.. admit your guilt and be punished, or call me a liar.. and be punished."
Matilda looked down and then back up at Ms Trunchbull.
"I'm telling you! I. Did. Not. St-"
BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRPP