- CHAPTER 2: Genius -

I took a deep breath and started walking around. I shouldn't be scared of the Trunchbull at all.  I just had to tell myself I wasn't. My legs were worn out from phys ed and I never really realised how much Ms. Trunchbull had an affect on Ms. Honey. She stuttered whenever the Trunchbull was near her. It made me wonder sometimes if they had a past.

Hours eventually passed and I went home and just flopped on my bed, exhausted from everything. I heard the telly on downstairs and my parents laughing, probably watching comedy. I started to fall asleep slowly, and slowly, and..

"Hortensia! Get up!"
I sat up, realising I was still in my uniform. I groaned and got up tiredly and slipped my shoes on.
I got downstairs to find my parents discussing. My dad turned to me and furrowed his brows. "Hortensia, Mrs Trunchbull wants to have a meeting with us about how you've been doing in school."
"What? Is it the parent teacher conference week already?"
"No. It's just for you. Have you been misbehaving?" He asked.
"Peter-" My mother tried stick up for me but was cut off.
"No. Hortensia, you know how high my reputation is. It's incredibly high because of our business. I'm not taking anymore of this ridiculous behaviour from you."
I just stood there. I rolled my eyes and quickly left.

This day was going great already. First off, my parents had a conference with the Trunchbull and now my father blames me for his reputation slowly failing. I rubbed my eyes and continued walking to school.
I was about to cross a road until something caught my eyes. Across the road was a sign for probably a car shop that had a big sign called 'Wormwood Motors' and stood infront of it was a man in a suit with green hair and a hat. He was yelling to someone on the phone. He looked angry and hung up. He tried take his hat off immediately after and it wouldn't come off so in a fit of rage he stomped his foot and yelled. I blinked in surprise and continued walking.

I finally got to school and quickly entered the gate. I saw the two new kids sitting together with a few other kids surrounding them. I knew the other kids but not them.
"Hortensia Buckets?"
I turned around to find Molly, one of the prefects looking at me. "Uhm.. yeah?"
"Uh, I just wanted to tell you without any of the other prefects or Trunchbull finding out but.. w-well..- we were told to watch you very closely."
I blinked in shock and looked at her. She started stuttering. "Sorry, what?"
"W-Well— uhm- you were kinda described as a menace and needed to be watched, s-so..-"
"Why are you telling me this?"
"I- I don't know!" She panicked before speeding off formerly.

The school bell rung and when I was about to start my walk around for a good few minutes, I saw three heads peek around the corner looking at me. Of course it was the prefects.
"What do you lot want?" I asked, clearly bothered.
"You need to go to class. Now." The ginger prefect said sternly.
"Henry—" Molly muttered.
"Fine, fine. I'm going. Relax." I scoffed and left the hallway, knowing they would still follow me.
I turned a corner to find Gwyneth leaning against a wall and jumped.
"They're really picking on you today, aren't they?" She smiled and I scoffed. "Yeah."  She looked behind us to find the three heads pop up again and shooed them off. We started walking to our class.
"You're probably wondering why we're all watching you." She started. I pretended to not know. I didn't want to get Molly in trouble, or possibly sent to Chokey. "Uh, yeah, why?"
"You're aware we had a meeting after school yesterday, right?
"Yeah?"
"Well, she said that you were a menace to the school and a troublemaker. She instructed us to watch you very closely. Except on recess, surprisingly."
"Wow. Me, a menace?" I gasped sarcastically. She chuckled and we went to class on time.
"Oh, Hello Gwyn." The teacher nodded before seeing me in shock. "Hortensia? You're on time?"
I blinked at how shocked she was and looked away.

Suddenly the recess bell went and I got up and left quickly, running outside. I walked over to the jungle gym thingy and overheard the kids from earlier talking.