chapter 77

-march 22nd 1986-

-reader's pov-

el led me into her room, still holding my hand. I gazed around her room, many posters decorated the walls and teddy bears sat at almost every desk. I found this very cute, el had the teddy I bought her in her pocket still. I even noticed a mini shrine that was dedicated to me. she slipped her hand out of mine before slumping down onto her bed, I continued to look around until my eyes fell upon a sort of school project at her desk.

I walked closer and realised that it was the diorama that she had wrote about, I recognised hopper and his cabin. except it was all broken and smashed up, something had happened at school.

"hey el, this is really good." I stated, "is it the diorama you made for school?"

"yeah, but angela broke it." el replied, she sounded upset as she just stared up at the ceiling.

"angela really has been bullying you for a while, hm?" I said whilst taking a seat on the bed. she nodded her head before I repositioned myself to lay beside her.

"I'm not mad that you didn't tell me, I'm not mad at all." I began, "I know how it feels- to be bullied and not telling someone something.. it's hard. trust me, my parents don't know I have literal superpowers, so my life is very similar to peter parker's, if you think about it."

I heard el chuckle at this, it gave me a boost of motivation to continue.

"but sometimes telling someone something, does make things get a little bit easier, y'know?" I said, looking over to el. she still was staring up at the ceiling, just thinking.

"yeah," I heard her mumble.

"and don't feel bad for hitting her with that skate, you were just serving your revenge." I assured, "which is completely normal."

"yeah, yeah.. I know- but.." el stammered, finally pulling her gaze from the ceiling to look at me, "that video. what if the lab people get their hands on it, they're still out there and they currently don't know where you are, but if they do find out.."

"el," I cupped her warm cheek with my hand, "if they do find out, I'm never gonna let them beat me and take me away. I'm never gonna leave you, got that?"

el sniffled as she nodded her head, using her other hand to wipe the welling tears from her eyes.

I leant forward and pecked the tip of her nose softly, she blushed before tightly wrapping her arms around me and pulling me close. I cuddled up against her after jerking my head slightly, switching the lights off.

"night el, I love you." I whispered from her loving embrace.

"I love you too, goodnight n/n." el murmured, I could tell she was just about to slip into a deep sleep.

———————

-march 23rd 1986-

the morning sun's rays shone brightly through the gaps in the blinds, lightening up the room and creating a pretty pattern of light on the carpet.

el and I still lay on the bed, enjoying eachother's embrace with not a clue of the time, we were just happy to be together despite both being half-asleep.

the door suddenly creaked open and I jumped at the sound, causing el to stir in her light sleep. I looked up, my hair being a crazy mess, to find mike and will standing at the doorway. they held two plates of eggos and wore wide grins across their faces.

"rise and shine, lovebirds!" mike exclaimed and I groaned in response, showing that I was tired, "oh my god, get your lazy asses up, it's literally almost 10am."

"crap, what?" I replied whilst sitting up a little, el had now woke up too and she cluelessly searched the room. her confused gaze breaking as she eyed the eggos that will held.

"look, we'll just leave the eggos here." will piped up as he placed the plate of eggos on el's desk, with mike copying his actions shortly after. the second the two boys left the room, el leapt up and ran over to the desk. she began to literally devour the waffles, leaving me to just sit there, shocked but also very impressed at her quick pace.

"woah, are you just super hungry or do you, like, love eggos way more than I thought?" I commented, now out of bed and stood next to her.

"probably both." she answered through the mouthful of food.

"right." I chuckled whilst taking a simple bite out of my waffle.

el slowly turned her head to look at me, she seemed astonished.

"what?" I laughed after swallowing the mouthful of the breakfast food.

"how are you eating it so slow?!" she cried out, totally amazed by my average speed.

"how do you eat it so fast?" I joked back, "you should honestly compete in an eggo-eating competition."

"wait, those exist?" she asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"maybe, I'm not too sure." I shrugged whilst finishing the waffle and wiping a few crumbs from the corners of my lips.

but then the sound of the front door opening echoed through the house, el and I shared an intrigued look before exiting her room. we took quiet and gentle footsteps as we approached the stairs before slowly trailing down them.

a deep, male voice could be heard and he was babbling on about some incident at rink o mania. oh yeah, that incident, shit. my blood ran cold and my heart skipped a beat, the police were at the front door.

el and I continued to head around the corner of the stairs, very curious until the two cops spotted us.

"-hey there." he said sternly, "are you jane hopper and y/n wheeler?"

my facial expressions creased up as I tried my best to reply with something cocky, but quickly decided not to after realising I probably did commit a felony or something last night.

(uploading this on millie's birthday so HAPPY BIRTHDAY MILLIE AHHHHHH!!!)