thirty eight. coffee.

warnings: more arguing ahhaha

IRL

lorelai and i had agreed on going out for coffee, to 'resolve our issue.' tommy told me it was a bad idea, and i was also very aware that it was a bad idea but i was willing to give it a shot.

mentlly preparing myself, i tied my shoelaces and left my home, locking the front door behind me. i got into my car, turning my music on and driving to the little coffee shop on the corner of a street that the two of us agreed to meet up at.

locking my car, i walked in and straight to the counter, ordering a tea. once i payed, my eyes roamed the room and i spotted lorelai, beckoning me over. so i did, i walked over and sat on the seat opposite her, with a smile.

"hi, everly." she smiled sheepishly.

"hey, how have you been?"

truthfully, i didn't care how she felt. i just wanted the air to be less awkward.

she hestitated before replying, "i've been really good, actually. niki and i are loving living together, my mum and dad are being better. i've never been happier. you?"

she's never been happier? i felt like shit over how she made me feel! "i've been good too, actually. tommy and wil rented a cabin for my song, maia, rue, bill and freddie came too. we had a really good time. tommy and i have been doing really good, and i've also never been happier." i let out a little laugh.

"nice." she nodded.

the tension ran thick. we sat in an awkard silence, she twisted the straw in her drink whilst i just clicked my knuckles with one hand. the waitress came over, placing my drink in front of me. i gave her a warm smile, thanking her. bringing the drink up to my lips, i hissed, feeling the slight burn and tingle on my throat.

"anyway, erm, i think there's something you need to say." finally, she broke the tension.

"no?" furrowing my eyebrows, i put the drink back down and sat back more in my chair, tilting my head lightly at her.

"y'know, that word." she continued, realising i wasn't understanding. "..sorry?"

scoffing at her words, i shook my head. "you're joking, right? what the fuck would i apologise for?"

"everything!" she shouted, catching the looks of the others around the cafe. "you fucked me over, everly. all over fucking tommy."

"no, you fucked me over." i spoke much softer than her, embarrassed that it was happening in a public place. "don't do this here, lorelai, please, it's embarassing. besides, we're adults, we aren't kids anymore. you're arguing over me because i made other friends and didn't spend as much time with you? seriously?"

"yeah, exactly that. you pushed me away, was our entire friendship nothing to you?" she argued.

"it was everything to me lorelai. i tried getting in touch with you and got ignored, i understood you were busy and i gave you space, your mum texted me twice asking if i was okay and why we fell out. you've always had such a victim complex and it's really starting to show."

despite the anger running through my veins, i was hurt. this girl was my best friend, my soulmate in a way, for so fucking long and it was falling apart in front of me. over a boy at my sisters wedding.

"you're saying that, as if you did nothing wrong. you also did things wrong." lorelai stated, continuing to raise her voice. "i will admit, i did fuck up. but so did you."

"continue." laughing, i sipped my tea.

trying to stay calm was difficult but i didn't want to completely shout and get really mad at her in the middle of a fucking cafe. the situation was pathetic, we were in a cafe surrounded by people and we are two grown adults, screaming at each other.

"you ruined our entire friendship over a boy, everly. that's my problem."

"don't give me that shit, man." i mumbled, rubbing my temples. "i didn't ruin it, i was trying my hardest to include you and you rejected all my attempts. i'm not arguing with you anymore, i can't be bothered. so, are you going to sort it with me, or are you gonna stand here and scream at me like a child?"

"so now you're fucking patronizing me? really?"

"alright, we're done here." i smiled calmly, finishing my tea and tipping the waitress, leaving the cafe without saying another word.

getting in my car, i drove away into a random car park with only one other car. parking, i put my head in my hands, letting out a scream. there was so much anger and hurt building up, and i didn't know how to let it out. the thought of calling tommy and asking if i could go over came into my head, but i quickly brushed it off.

i always ran to him with my problems, and it wasn't fair. i had to deal with it by myself for once, these people aren't going to be here forever.

 i had to deal with it by myself for once, these people aren't going to be here forever

――― ALICE TALKS :)

hi guys

sorry for the angry chapter again they r so fun to write hope u can forgive me cos i triple updated :))))))

see u next time(i hope)