seven

kindly vote for all chapters to get a free meal from someone~ 🍔💙

....

Yeji's house was located eight kilometers away from where Karina currently lived. She came with Ningning again that night, but this time they are going out without telling Winter about it. Karina won't risk knowing the truth when Winter tried so hard to cover it.

She pressed the bell outside the semi-big mansion a few times, and on her eighth time pressing the button, someone picked up the intercom from inside. Karina nervously introduced herself in front of the machine.

"Hi. My name is Karina Yu and I'm Hwang Yeji's friend in college. May I know if she's inside?", the actress said.

"Oh, it's you, Karina. Come in!", the voice of the woman from the intercom said before the clicking sound from the gate bringing the actress's attention that finally the gate was unlocked and now open for her to enter.

With curious feelings and nervous steps, Karina entered the house with Ningning. Her thoughts since hours ago about finally meeting Yeji make her nervous knowing how awkward will it be between them since it's been years already since the two friends lost contact with each other. Besides wanting to learn more about her old self, Karina also wanted to know why Yeji didn't try to reach out these few years.

As soon as they reach the main door, they were greeted by a mid-fifty woman who was smiling warmly at them and Karina couldn't help but smile back.

"Oh my god, Karina! It's been a while!", the older woman said before hugging Karina.

It's Yeji's mother, Karina guessed.

Karina hugged the older woman back, trying to push the awkward feelings of not knowing the older woman in front of her right now. After pulling them apart, Mrs. Hwang shakes her hands with Ningning before inviting them inside the living room.

Yeji's house is filled with a modern yet minimalist interior and it amazes Karina as she takes her first step inside the house. There's this big family portrait hanging on the wall and Karina was so sure that this house is the house of her long-lost friend, Hwang Yeji, who she saw once inside her memory flashbacks and numerous times from the pictures she saved inside the memory box at her house.

"What's with the sudden visit, Karina? I'm sorry to tell you that Yeji wasn't here right now because right after college, she started working with her father in England", Mrs. Hwang said when she ushered Karina and Ningning to sit on the couch. Later the older woman takes her seat across from them.

Hearing that Yeji wasn't here disappoint Karina a bit, but she didn't mind it that much since she knew now that she can find Yeji at her house some other days. Also, Mrs. Hwang seems to know about her based on how the older woman reacted the first time she saw Karina that night.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Hwang, you seem to know me but I can't remember you at all. Sorry to disappoint you", the actress said before the older woman widened her eyes in confusion.

"Really? What do you mean by that?"

"I had a car accident two years ago which led to having some sort of memory loss, and the reason I came here is to meet Yeji and to know more about myself that I didn't remember anymore", Karina smiled shyly while scratching her neck in guilty. The older woman was so nice to her, and it was bad that Karina couldn't recognize her much.

"I see. It's okay, Karina. It must be tough for you".

"Yes, it did", Karina sigh.

"Karina was hard with herself these days because she suddenly had some memory flashbacks but couldn't remember much from it. The thoughts of meeting Yeji is because she saw your daughter inside her flashbacks", Ningning said in Karina's place.