|6| don't mess up

Nermana's POV

Nermana's POV

4 years ago

Don't mess up
Don't mess up
Don't mess up

My fingers glide across the piano, my eyes are fixated on my movements, someone else's eyes are too.

The room is filled with melodic tunes, from the tall ceilings to the grand windows and a single piano placed alone in the room. The room is almost all white other than the piano and his chair. This room was my sanctuary.

"That was spectacular, Nermana," he smiles at me holding his arms open awaiting a hug, I eagerly fell into his arms.

"Come sit on my lap and I'll play for you," he suggests. I nod. He smirks.

I never noticed his mischievous gazes and lingering touches, he was the only father figure I had left. To me he simply could do no wrong, until he did.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

"Can you repeat what I said, Ms. Cisnero," The teacher announced. The class ooed and a few people giggled. Can't I sleep in peace. Ap physics is the worst.

Sure."Vector quantity is specified by a magnitude and a direction," I say in monotone.

"Ok, and what was the answer for question 22," Ms Leece questioned.

"9.8," I reply.

"Are you sure because the answer page says otherwise," she taunts while smiling not so sweetly.

I scoff, I know I'm correct.

"Did anyone else get 9.8," Ms Leece enquires. The class is quiet for some time before an unfamiliar voice fills the room. I turn to the back.

"I got 9.8 too."

Darius.

"There must be a mistake in the marking scheme, I suppose," he looks so cool, legs and arms crossed, uniform ironed to perfection. He's a thief shamelessly stealing the attention of everyone in the room.

"I'll go ask Mr Chamberlain, the head of the science department," Ms. Leece speed walks out the class.

"I got 10.9"
"Same"
"How did you get that, I got 156"
The class mumble on their answers.

"Divya did you get 10.9 aswell," I ask, my legs crossed on my chair.

"No, I got 10.8." She repeatedly skims through her notepad, like she couldn't understand how she got the answer wrong.

Mr Chamberlain and Ms Leece burst through the doors and immediately come over to my desk to retrieve my workings, they asked first though, obviously.

"Yeah, it must be a mistake in the marking scheme there is no way this is wrong," he motions to my page. I knew it. I may not be confident in my looks but I sure am with physics.

"Can I take a picture of your work," Divya asks her phone already out.

I smile and nod and she smiles back.

I hear a commotion behind me and see a group of people waiting to take a picture of Darius's page.

I let anyone that asked take a picture of my work and even explained how I got it to some people until class finally ended.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

I need a distraction.

"Asterin can I come over?" I ask on the phone, I was barely asking he knew I was coming over regardless of his answer.

"Yeah, are you good?" He asks cooly.

"I'm fine," I reply. I always am.

"You always are," he exasperates.

"Exactly!," I say with mock glee, "see you soon."

"Kk."

"Ew don't ever say that again," I say in disgust.

"Kk."

I scoff then cut the call. Kk can only be said by me otherwise it just sounds off.

My chauffeur drops me off at Asterin's and then drives off.

I only rung the doorbell once just in case Nia is asleep. Ms O'Sullivan opens the door and wears a huge smile on her face at the sight of me.

"I've missed you, Nermana, I haven't seen you since the summer break started, how are you!" she rushes out.

"I'm great, wow you look amazing and I've missed you too!" I give in to myself and hug her. I needed this.

"Nermana, come upstairs!" Asterin shouted.

I said bye to Asterin's mom and ran up to his room, immediately stealing Lavinia from his grasp.

"Come here," he said, his arms open and legs apart. I got in the space between his thighs as he enveloped me in a hug.

"What happened, are you good?" Asterin asked solemnly

Asterin is one of the only people I feel comfortable with, it's just his aura, I once saw him hugging this one teacher we had as she talked about her marriage problems.

"Yeah, just needed someone," I replied.

"Is that all I am to you, someone to fill in a void, pfft," he said jokingly.

"No, you're also my shoulder to cry on," I replied with a smirk. We decided to rewatch Coco it's the only age appropriate sad movie we know so Nia can watch too.

Dima called and screamed at us for being late to his party we had NO idea about.

"I'll go if u will," I smirked.

"I'll go, only for you though" he kissed my cheek and pushed me off him so he could get ready.

"Nia's already asleep so I'll put her to bed," I offer.

"Alright I'll drive, I have to anyway because your lazy ass can't put yourself through driving school," he rolls his eyes as I giggle.

"Whatever, you love driving me anywhere I want, and it's not my fault my ass is too big for the driving seat, I'd float in the air if I tried."

"Umm, what ass?," he retorted.

An: i dont know anything abt physics so whatever Nermana mentioned just pretend its really smart and impressive😭😭