Lie in the darkness with me

Start from the beginning

She dangled her right foot over the edge and let herself fall. Aria's body swung and collided to the side of the cliff; she looked up. A firm hand latched onto her.

"Are you nuts?" His green eyes were warm and latent with concern.

"Please, let go."

"Look, I get it. Life can be a bitch," he said. "Trust me, killing yourself isn't the way to go."

Aria's eyes started to well up. "You don't understand," she told him.

"Then explain it to me."

Aria shyed away.

"Look me in the eyes and tell me, if this is what you want." She kept silent.

"If you say yes, I'll drop you." The boy took Aria's silence, as a 'no' and began pulling her up.

"The name's Kishan Willow," he said. "No offence, but you look like you just crawled out of a graveyard."

Aria's turquoise dress was no longer beautiful, but withered and bloody. She had bright, purple bruises scattered all over her body and her hair was covered in a mixture of mud and torn flesh.

Thank you, Eres.

"You didn't have to do that," Aria told him. "Thank you."

"Wait!" He caught up to her, before she could get away. "Where you headed?"

"Honestly, I'm not sure. The nearest village, maybe?"

Aria continued west. Staggering through a thick forrest, with Kishan steadily behind her. She stopped and looked at him.

"Why are you following me?" She narrowed her eyes, studying him.

"You're a witch aren't you?"

"You didn't answer my question."

"I'll answer yours, after you answer mine." A fainted smile formed on Kishan's lips.

Aria sighed.

"Yes," she replied. "How'd you know that?"

Kishan shrugged. "I can sense your magic. It's powerful and a bit frightening really. "

"You can sense my magic?" She said confused. "What are you exactly?"

"I'm a harpie."

Aria remembered the name. She read about them in a book she'd kept in her library. In it was the illustration of a woman; half human and half bird.

The thought came to her; they are no harpies in Ophelia, because harpies were bad. That means, Kishan was bad. Though he saved her, he was still from Dunkel. He couldn't be trusted.

"I thought harpies were only women," Aria said.

"That's just a vicious rumor."

"What about your wings?" she said again. "Or other bird parts. Those vicious rumors too?"

Kishan threw his head back, laughing. He distanced himself a bit from Aria's side. "Watch this," he said.

Kishan demanded she keep her eyes on his back. Aria folded her arms, she was only seconds away from turning around and leaving. Then, she heard the sound of bones cracking.

Her eyes grew wide, as two sharp elongated bones stretched from Kishan's spine. They flapped, causing the air around him to push Aria off her feet. He wiggled his shoulders and the bones were, then covered in sleek black feathers.

"Sorry about that," Kishan said offering his hand. She took it gratefully, thanking him as he pulled her up.

"Doesn't that hurt?"

"What, these?" Kishan said, pointing to his wings. "You get use it, after a while. Oh, I forgot to mention. You've been heading the wrong way."

"You just decided to say something!"

Kishan chuckled. "Sorry," he said. "The nearest village is Bridgeport, which is back east. You've been walking towards Neil Valley."

"What's in Neil Valley?"

"Giants," Kishan told her. "People say, they got a thing for witch blood."

His words made her ill. After weighing her options, Aria decided to go east. Now, that she wasn't dead, she needed a new plan. The sooner she got to Bridgeport the better.

"What are you doing?"

"Taking your advice," Aria said. "Heading east."

"It's a two day journey on foot. Why are you walking?"

"How else am I suppose to get there?"

"Magic." Kishan said it, as if it was so simple. Aria wouldn't dare use her powers. They were linked to Eres, using them might wake him up.

"That's not an option," she said softly. "Please, stop following me."

Before Aria could make another step, her body was being hoisted off the ground. Kishan threw her over his shoulder, he snaked his right arm over her waist- trapping her.

"What are you doing? Put me down!"

"You might want to hold on," he advised her.

"Put me dow-"

Kishan took off into the sky.

~

Chapter ends :3. Gosh, I've been so lazy. I should've finished this days a go. My biggest problem right now, is that I'm using a lot of supernatural creatures. Most-if not all will be altered to fit my imagination. Though, I'm not 100% sure if that's okay. I know this is fiction and fantasy, but I can't help but feel like I'm tainting the image of these creatures I use.

Sorry, I doubt I'd making sense. I'd sure next chapter will be in this week. Til then, feel free to give me any feedback.

dedicated this chapter to rob/Heather because they're awesome. I'm glad you see something special in me and thank you for your encouragement to keep writing the story.

I'll be sure to edit this chapter soon!

Hugs anyone? No :cokay. *sits in corner*

*edit*

Character poster of Trix :S