"Haz, let me sleep." She whines, making me chuckle a little.

"Come on bub. up you get." I lift her head up so I move her arm from the toilet seat, pulling her towards me. I'm still kneeling on the floor, so I know it'll be difficult to stand up with her if she's not awake. I don't want to topple over and  crush her against the wall or something. 

"Sophia." I don't speak quietly this time, which works to my advantage as her eyes snap open. "Come on bubs, lets get you back up stairs to bed." She looks at me confused, before looking at our surroundings.

"Why are we on the toilet floor?" If I wasn't so conserned right now, then I probably would've laughed.

"I'd like to know that too bub. I had to come looking for you as you weren't in bed, and it looks like you've been sick Phia. How are you feeling?" Her confusion only doubles, which is taken over by a look of disgust as she looks at herself in the mirror.

"I feel ok, tired and a little bit hungry. But other than that, I'm fine." I shake my head in amazement and confusion. I haven't a clue and neither does she by the looks of it.

"Okay then, off you pop. Back to bed, I'll go get you something small to eat." She shakes her head at me, a hint of amusement showing in her eyes. But, non the less, she follows my orders and slowly makes her way to the stairs, rubbing her left arse cheek as she goes. It must be numb from being sat in the same position for a while.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I watch as the boy, Cormac and Oliver, run after the football, the pair of them trying to push eachother out the way. We've been at the park for the past hour, whilst Sophia rests. She was up again being sick, so I told her to stay in bed and I'll take the boys out to use up their energy.

For the first half hour I had joined in, but that ended badly. With the pair of them joining forces and tripping me over. A fully grown man, tripped over by two kids... I fell like a sack of shit.

"Right lads, 10 more minutes then we'll go home for some lunch." A chorus of 'okays' came from the pair, and I gave myself a mental pat on the back for them listening to me first time. It's the little achievements in life.

I pull my phone out my pocket, checking for any updates from Noah. I had given him a text this morning to tell him about Sophia not being well, and for him to message or call me, so she can rest. But there's still nothing since he told us they had made it to the hospital, and Phe was put on a ward whilst he had to wait outside until she's in active labour. COVID restrictions still being a pain in everyone's arse.

I join the boys again for the next five minutes, the pair of them ganging up on me again, but this time I was prepared for it. They won't fool me twice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once we got back to the house, I made the boys some lunch, letting them eat in the living room so they can watch TV. Something I'm sure Phia will disapprove of, but ahh well. At least they're being quiet.

I'm making my way up the stairs, to check on her, with a plate of toast. I open the door, to see her lying on her side, facing her nightstand where her phone is set up against the lamp. Her eyes meet mine, a huge smile taking over her face.

"Hey! Come look at this." My brows furrow in confusion, but I make my way to the bed, sitting on the edge and look at her phone. My eyes focus on the screen, where I'm met with the faces of Noah and Phoebe, who both have smiles matching Phia. On closer inspection, Phe has a bundle of cloth in her arms, where a tiny face is peaking out.

"She's here! Congrats to you both." I smile at the pair over the video call, not really knowing what else to say. I don't really know a lot of people who've had kids, so i don't have much experience in this area of communication.

We make small talk for another ten minutes or so, before I call the boys upstairs so they can see. I know they're going to be excited.

They make their way up the stairs, muttering to each other as they approach the top step. Looking at me expectedly.

"Go on, into the bedroom. There's someone on the phone who wants to see you both." They look at each other in confusion but they follow my instruction.

Climbing onto the bed, they get comfortable next to Sophia, who is looking much better now than this morning.  Thank god for that.

"Right you two, you need to keep your voices to indoor levels, ok?" The pair nod, and watch Sophia with intrigue as she moves her phone so the pair can see the screen. Their faces lighting up as they focus on the new arrival.

I watch from the doorway as the three of them coo over the baby. I personally don't get it, but then again it's a bit different for them seeing as they're related.

I don't know when I zoned out watching them talk to Noah and Phoebe, but my attention returns to them when they start saying goodbye, the boys waving with exaggeration.

"Aww Oli bear, you're a big brother!" Sophia pulls him into her side, giving him a kiss on the forehead.

"She was so cute. When will she come home?" Sophia shrugs slightly, but responds to Oliver's question.

"Well that depends on what the doctors think. They could come home today, or tomorrow maybe?"

"Cool. Can we go back downstairs?" She nods with a smile, kissing the pair on their foreheads, before they race back down to the lounge.

"So... How long before I should expect to be asked for a baby?" I laugh as I make my way to the bed, laying down next to her. Her head instantly finding its way to my shoulder. She laughs with me, but suddenly goes silent and tense up beside me. "What's up? Are you going to be sick again?"

Phia slowly shakes her head, and sits up, facing me.

"Okay... What's going on?" I feel my heart rate go up, worried about what ever it is she's worried about.

"Hold on a minute, I'm trying to work it out." Next thing I know, she's taking her phone off the nightstand, flying through her apps, which only leaves me more confused.

"Harry... My period is late, like really late..." I swear my heart stops for a minute. A full minute. "I'm sorry. Oh my god, oh my god! I'm so sorry, Harry. Shit. Harry? Bub? Please say something."

I snap out of my brain fog, taking her hand in mine, pulling her into me, wrapping my arms around her.

"Why on earth are you saying sorry, you silly tit."

"I swear I haven't done this on purpose, I promise." I feel her shoulders start to shake, and soft sobs break from her.

"Hey, hey. I know that. I know. It takes two to tango, and we are kind of great at that, no?" A bark of laughter escapes her, followed by some sniffles as she looks up at me. "Look, I know this is scary but I'm here, I'm not going anywhere."

"B- but it's so soon, we've only been together, like what... A year, if that? Maybe only known each other a year..."

"So what? People know each other for two hours before making a baby. I think we're ok." I look down at Phia, her chin resting on my chest, hair up in a bun, and blue eyes think with worry. "Let's take it one step at a time, we'll get a test, and go from there."

"Never in a million years would I think that you'd be so calm right now."

"Oh I'm not, my arse cheeks are so tense right now." I let out a nervous laugh, at the same time as Phia. The pair of us laying in silence as we process the moment.

Sweet lord baby Jesus.

Fuck.

Word count - 2195