" heh... "

" Oh that reminds me... You're probably hungry. Sit tight, I'll prepare you some tea and something light. "

She stood up, her short and chunky heels clicked against the floor before exiting the room.
Sans had stepped forward and sat at the chair Muffet sat.

" (Y/n)? Are you alright? How are you feeling...? "

They asked in a low voice.

" I have a massive migraine, a little dizzy... and my ears feel sensitive... "

You admitted.

" Other than that... Perfectly fine! "

You whispered.
He nodded at your words, his blue eyes darted aimlessly at the floor.

" D-do you... remember what happened before blacking out? "

He asked nervously, his eyes suddenly staring intensely into yours.
You thought for a second, then two, then three.
You hummed, closing your eyes trying to concentrate. You left the house,  fell into water, and crawled onto surface.
You blinked, remembering facing Alphys but everything after that was a blur.
It was like having the edges of a puzzle completed but the picture completely empty, unrecognizable, just not there...

" I remember drowning and crawling out of the water... Alphys tried to kill me didn't she?! "

Sans' face was unreadable for a few seconds untill he agreed with you.

" Yes, She must've spotted you when you left the house. The next thing I knew you were jumping into my arms with a huge wound to your skull... I fought Alphys and convinced her to leave you alone. Then you passed out. "

You wanted to confirm what he was saying, but judging on from what you remember and the literal evidence on your head, he was definently right.
You continued to listen to his side of the story, admiring the sight of him.
He really was your hero.
Or so you thought.

" I ran back to Snowdin and asked Muffet for help, since she's bandaged wounds before I just thought that-Oof! "

You quickly sat up and embraced him into a tight hug. A rush of pain flooded into your head, making your migraine ache worse but you didn't care.
Letting Sans know how thankful you are to him was all that mattered right now.

" I'd be dead right now if I hadn't met you Sans! Thank you! Thank you so much for saving my life! "

You bawled into his bandana, the fabric muffleing your voice.
He was caught off guard, a little stiff at first. It wasn't until he realized that you wouldn't be letting go anytime soon that he quickly hugged you back.
He wrapped an arm around your waist and used his free hand to gentle pet the bottom of your head since he didn't want to ruin the silk or touch your wound.

" Awe my sweet (Y/n)... I promise to always protect you, even from those who don't appear to be a threat. You're safe with me, forever... "

He comforted you in a low voice, you nodding your head to his words. It sounded like a deal of a lifetime in your delirious state.
You did feel abit bad that your tears, snot and saliva were dampening his shoulder but to him what bliss.
You pull away to look at him, with half-lidded eyes, your arms still firmly wrapped around his shoulders.
He looked at you, his eyesockets widened, having never had your face this close to his before.

His skull immediantly turned blue, seeing you close your eyes and lean into him.
Your soft lips gently pressed against his teeth and he began to see stars.
He won you over! And you didn't suspect a thing! This was great!
He finally did it!
Didn't he...?
No. This was wrong. You were ill, not fully in your right mind. To him, this didn't count as a victory.