Chapter 33: I choose you

Start from the beginning

"It's not worth mentioning." She replied. Issei got off the bed and looked at the girl who looked so caught up in her own misery that she refused to acknowledge that he was willing to help her.

So, deciding to do something very Issei like, he took her hand and pulled her up on her feet.

"Issei!? What are you-hhmmm!?" She panicked when Issei suddenly lifted her up, but before she could inquire the purpose of his actions, she found her lips covered by his. His arms wrapped around her and squeezed her body tightly against his.

Feeling the passion in his kiss and the warmth in his embrace, Rias forgot all about her troubles and proceeded to wrap her arms around his neck.

The power that radiated from Issei bombarded her body with sensations of pleasure and delight.

Sadly, just as she was beginning to enjoy the experience, a finger snap woke her up and she found herself still sitting on the floor with Issei looking down at her amused.

It was all an illusion!

She looked to Issei for an explanation as she felt her cheeks red up due to embarrassment.

He chuckled." Don't worry. Whatever you saw was just an illusion spell Kurohime taught me. It soothes the mind by creating an environment the user feels would comfort them deeply."

This only made matters worse for Rias, because in her mind she took it that the illusion showed her what she truly wanted. What she needed to comfort her. And that was Issei!

Sadly, she didn't know that Issei actually lied.' It was a fantasy spell that makes them envision the them and the caster together. A spell I created after learning the comfort spell from Kurohime. I call it The Wet Dream.' He thought amused.

But his plan seemed to have worked. Rias' wasn't thinking anymore of the matter that bothered her. Thus, when Issei offered her a hand again, she was willing to take it.

Deciding to put on a gown...

'Thank heaven!'

...she came and sat next to Issei." Mind telling me now?" He inquired. She hesitated for a moment but finally decided to open her mouth.

"I spoke with my father and mother, shortly after we strategized. I asked them if they would let me be if I was to defeat Riser in tomorrow's rating game." She confessed.

Issei could already guess what happened but asked her anyway." What did they say?" Tears began flowing down her cheeks as she recalled their words.

"Do you honestly think that Riser was your only suitor? There are more than five hundred! And some are of greater strength than Riser. The only reason he even qualified to be your suitor is because I promised his father." Zeoticus stated.

"Honey, basically what your father is trying to say, is that even if you defeat Riser, other suitors will already be waiting for you. And should you be displeased with them also, then you'll have to fight them as well." Miss Venelana added.

After hearing Rias' explanation, Issei understood why the girl was crying. Even if she won tomorrow's rating game, she'll have to continue fighting again and again until eventually, she loses.