8. We'll Get There

“Wow she does look like you.”

“I know right!”

I was waking up to voices saying. I didn’t want to open my eyes. I yawned as I rolled over hoping they would leave me in peace.

“Aww did you see how cute?” I heard Tre.

“Yeah Tre, um maybe we should leave her be.” A stranger said.

“I just want to cuddle her in my arms!” I heard him say as if talking about a puppy. I quickly opened my eyes and turned when I felt movement on the bed.

“Don’t do that!” Tre had his arms open and was hovering over me.

“Aw come on?” He grinned and gestured his hands. I moved his hands to the side.

“No.” I said in a stern voice. I stood straight next to a complete blonde headed stranger. Just like Billie he was in dire need of a root touch up, only his roots weren’t so dark.

“Well hi there!” He said in a strange announcers voice as if I won a contest. I rubbed my eyes and met his blue eyes.

“Uh high, I’m…” I went to reach out my hand and he quickly grabbed it.

“Tristy, I know. It’s so nice to finally meet you. Your dad has talked so much about you.” I looked at Tre who was proudly nodding and back to the stranger.

“Um thanks.” I said slowly pulling my hand away. “You must be Mike?”  He nodded smiling. I moved the covers and turned putting my feet to the floor. “Well I guess I’d better change.” Mike smiled and stepped to the door.

“Ok! Breakfast is in the kitchen if you’re hungry! I made waffles!” Tre said happily. I just looked at him blankly, I was still tired.

“Yeah thanks.”

“Oh you!” Tre quickly kissed my head and ran out the door.

“Ugh.” I wiped my head off and went to my bathroom. I quickly showered and got dressed. I figured we wouldn’t be going out so I put on a light blue polo shirt and some blue jeans and white socks. I set my tan Sperrys by my door for easy access in case I needed to leave. I made my way to the kitchen and saw no one as I passed through the living room. I wonder where they went. I found I nice stack of waffles with a bottle of syrup. By that I saw assorted sprinkles, a can of whipped cream, and chocolate syrup. I just topped them with regular syrup and poured some orange juice. I sat and ate noticing the house seemed strangley quiet. Good, they must be gone. Before I could finish my thought I heard a muffled guitar and drum sounds coming from the other side of the house. Oh god. I rolled my eyes and continued eating. I could hear what I thought was Billie busting out lyrics. It was very muffled and behind closed doors so I couldn’t really tell what was being said. I just hope that with open doors he doesn’t sound like a wailing cat! After I was done I washed the syrup off my plate and stuck it in the dishwasher. I decided to go find them out of curiosity. When I stepped in they all looked at me and smiled. They were in the middle of a song. Tre pointed his drum stick at a chair and I took it. I sat there listening without tapping my foot or bobbing my head. I was not use to this music at all. After they finished they looked at me.

“So what do you think?” Billie asked.

“You sound like a bunch of grown men with a lot to say.” Billie smiled and nodded.

“Yeah kind of.” Mike threw in. I raised my eyebrow.

“Pretty cool I guess.” I said casually nodding a bit

“You guess? We’re awesome as fuck!” Tre said grinning.

“Tre! She’s a lady. You don’t say fuck to a lady, or your daughter.” Billie said turning scalding him. Tre shook his head smiling.