𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓕𝓲𝓿𝓮: 𝓕𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓿𝓪𝓵 𝓟𝓲𝓰

Next week finally followed and everyone in the village was busy preparing for the long awaited festival

The bar was busy dragging in new barrels of drinks because the people will be expected to drown in drinks until their bladder pops.

The farmers were already bringing in newly fresh slaughtered produce from their stocks and had left it to the village cooks to make the best cuisines.

When the sun started to set, fairy lights were hung on the light posts, banderitas and also a long table was on the far side of the clearing. Sweet, savory foods and the refreshments slowly start to fill in the table.

People in the village wore their expensive barong and saya, families, friends and acquaintances were there to join in the festivities.

The band had been playing non stop and some of the musicians were already drunk.

The barrels from your bar had kept coming, making sure everyone's mugs were still filled to the brim.

People were eating, dancing, drinking, too many things happening at once in front of you. It was cathartic.

"Thank you, Mayor, for arranging all these." You say beside you, as the mayor of your town smiles along with the enjoyment of his people. Mang Juan beside him thanking him as well, for his stocks and fresh produce of foods, because without his farm your town wouldn't strive this rich.

"Of course, y/n. Anything for the people." He says genuinely happy, his jaundiced skin turned red from all the liquor, "Is family business going well?" He asked.

The mayor and your father were close friends, and you grew up with him always visiting your house, and spoiling you with magic tricks which now you don't find lame at all.

"It is as long as I have Izana there to help me." You chuckled at him. The mayor knew women weren't allowed to work, but he made sure to keep it away from eyes, gave you that exception since everyone needed to find their place in this town, and he understood you're the type of woman that won't settle to just sit around.

"Your parents would be so proud of you." He says, after your father was killed by a Japanese soldier, Mayor Frederico stood as your father for a while. "Your mother would even be prouder if you married too-"

"Oh no, please don't start." You chuckled sheepishly, these people and their traditional beliefs about marriage, but you can't blame them. In their time 16 years old was the rightful age for girls to marry but this isn't that time anymore, things are changing too quickly.

One day we were just peacefully here, until the Japanese had started to conquer a few of your lands and war broke out making everyone forced to live with the enemy. We all chose to live side by side, but you could never remove the lingering tensions.

"She's beautiful isn't she, mayor-" Bryseis piped from beside you, she forced you to wear her beautiful saya, a laced white top, with aquamarine blue silk skirt, partnered with a laced blue hand fan. Hair in a bun adorned with pinned pearls in your hair. "Say mayor, is your son-"