𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓕𝓸𝓾𝓻: 𝓚𝓪𝓴𝓾𝓬𝓱𝓸'𝓼 𝓒𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓽𝓼𝓱𝓲𝓹

After your talk with Izana, it felt like you were snapped out from your daydream

'As long as I'm here, I won't let anyone hurt you.'

That was his promise to your parents, to keep you safe.

You couldn't deny how much Izana had sacrificed in order for you to live the way you are now. If it weren't for him, you might've been sent off to a man and got married for survival, and your life would've been miserable for the rest of it.

It was a simple thing, a simple order, to keep away from soldiers, it was supposed to be easy--not before Kakucho happened.

Keeping yourself away wasn't the problem, but it was him, making it harder and harder to do so.

"I can't accept your courtship Kakucho, I'm so sorry." You told him, once he cornered you again the next morning at the wet market where you were supposed to buy ingredients for breakfast and late night supper.

His beautiful bi-colored eyes slightly fell, and you can't help but feel the sick twist in your stomach seeing him like this. You didn't want it, but it had to be done before this got out of hand.

"Why not?" He asked again, not that forlorn, but there's a tinge of tone in his voice, a kind of tone that made this even more a challenge he is not gonna let go.

"I am looking for a more-um, my kind?" You were so stupid, you couldn't find an excuse, nor even a flaw in Kakucho.

"A Filipino guy?" He asked.

"Exactly, the one who knows the livelihood way around here, one that could take care of me.." You explained.

"Gorgeous, I could do way more than that, I could kill people and gun and torture them if anyone hurts you-"

You paled at his retort, how his words never matched his gentle beautiful face, and he said that with his charming smile.

"Um-Kakucho, that's not it." You sighed heavily, "What I meant is someone who definitely knows his way around here, you definitely don't know how to fish or farm, and farming is the most rich sector here, harvesting is the way of living here and you definitely couldn't do that with your... kind of knowledge.."

That was the hardest sentence you ever tried to suppress and look like you were making sense at the same time, but Kakucho only stood pinching his chin as if he was thinking deeply.