Chapter 1

Leaves crunched under my feet as I walked through the woods. I held my bow close to me as I took every step. I had been on my own for a long time probably two years or so, I wasn't too sure. I had escaped the place that held me captive my whole life. The place that forced me not to use my powers unless it was for an experiment.

After I had escaped, I was in the woods when I found a man. He was dying and I killed him with my fire so he wouldn't suffer that much. After that I took his bow and arrows and a necklace with a bird on it. After that I went to a store and stole some clothes and shoes.

I had found tennis shoes and a dress. I then went back to the woods and I taught myself how to shoot the bow, how to hunt and make fires. I was all alone in those woods for two years. Little did I know all that would change.

I was looking for a deer I had spotted, but had not shot. It has to be around here somewhere. I thought. All of a sudden, I heard people talking close by. The sound came from behind me. I turned around and followed the sounds. I followed the sounds until I saw two men walking and talking about something.

"I just wish Hank knew about me. I mean it would help a lot in our cases involving Wesen. " one of the men said. "Yeah well it would probably be very hard on him, considering all the stuff that's been going on these past few months." The other said.

All of a sudden, one of the men stopped and started sniffing the air. "What do you smell Monroe?" The first one asked. "It smells like a person." The other told him. He then looked in my direction and we made eye contact for a second before I started running. I heard the two men run after me.

I hid behind a tree and waited for them to run past me. I readied my bow to shoot. All of a sudden, the man who somehow smelled me ran in front of the tree I was hiding behind. I jumped out and aimed my bow at him.

"Woah woah woah. Don't shoot. Nick, I found her." The man said, calling to the other. The other man came out behind a tree, with what I recognized was a gun in his hand. I got scared and backed away. "Hey, hey, I'm not gonna hurt you." The man with the gun said, putting it away. He then stepped closer to me and I used my powers to make the two men stop. I felt very dizzy all of a sudden and my vision went black before I hit the ground.