6.

She tried for hours to sleep but was unsuccessful

She tried for hours to sleep but was unsuccessful. It wasn't like the first time he had gone out for work and didn't come back home. He told her not to stay up and wait for him but somehow, she couldn't sleep knowing that he wasn't by her side in bed. She always loved the heat his body provided. It soothed her to sleep. Now the bed just felt cold.

She felt safe at night when he was around.

Involuntarily, she rolled to his side of the bed and pulled up the comforter close to her body. Shradha curled up, rubbing her cheek against his pillow as she inhaled deeply. She blew out a long sigh, expelling all the air from her lungs that she could before drawing in another greedy breath of the male’s musk.

The tension in her muscles lessened. She twisted her fingers into the pillow case, plucking the fabric up to press it against her nose. After several minutes, her eyelids began to droop. With the comforting smell of the familiar male enveloping her, it didn’t take long for her to surrender to sleep.

 With the comforting smell of the familiar male enveloping her, it didn’t take long for her to surrender to sleep

It was nearly four in the morning before Aditya finally returned to their room. His mood was bleak, and he was tired. It had been a long day filled with discussions about the best way to handle Mehras without risking a war with them. Mehras and Kapoors were enemies fighting for the top spot in the business.

Already, Karthik Mehra had turned several of his own allies against him, which Aditya had monopolized on the instant he got word that unrest was brewing. Several other organizations had been blackmailed into crossing over to his side of the line as well. It was really all rather cloak and dagger, eroding Mehras' business foundation. The planning and execution alone were tedious and time consuming.

In addition to the mundane daily tasks involved with running his legitimate and illegal businesses, he was now directing the paths of several dozen lieutenants and foot soldiers. They were out on the street gathering intel, threatening bodily harm, and enacting any number of other tasks in the name of the Kapoor Reign. Needless to say, he was more than ready for a hot shower and a few hours of sleep.

She’d left the bathroom light on for him again and this time she didn't stay up late.To his surprise, she had taken up residence in the bed. On his side of the mattress, in fact.He took several silent steps towards the center of the room, tilting his head curiously as he regarded the mess she’d made of his bedding.