"Well, to simply put it, you made it look like a bomb went off." An atomic, nuclear bomb, but I'll omit that for now.

"I can't remember anything..." she says, hugging her arms, I can feel she's terrified of herself through the bond, so I walk over to her and pull her into my arms

"You lost control baby, it happens sometimes before you learn how to handle your powers. I lost control when I first came into my own magic plenty of times. One time my dad spent a couple weeks trying to get my mess cleaned up. He ended up telling the pack members that a human airplane crashed into the territory" I tell her, laughing at the memory while an ache settles in my chest. I've barely seen my dad since mom died, he left the country. We used to be close, but he turned into a shell of the Alpha he once was when he lost his mate. Not even his own children could bring him any type of happiness. I was bitter towards him, I could handle his cold shoulder, but he broke Gemma's heart. We don't even know for certain if he's still alive.

I bury my thoughts, refocusing on the situation at hand. That's a topic for another day. I look down at Amara who is giving me a calculating look after feeling my emotions. Shit, these walls are going to be an issue. But, I guess if anyone should know all my deepest secrets and feelings it should be my mate. I kiss her forehead and look back up at Seth and Aston. Seth has a disgusted look on his face, while Aston has a mocking smile.

"I didn't know the big bag Alpha could be so affectionate" Aston teases

"Fuck off or I'll make you do the new security system." I tell him with an eye roll. "Amara, why don't you go hang out with Gemma while we handle the forest? She's with Violet, Cici, and Serena." I tell her

"Why can't I go with you? I should see what I'm capable of." she says, annoyance hitting me through the bond

"I'd rather you stay in the main territory for now. I don't want to risk you being spotted anywhere near any border. It's not permanent, just until we figure out what exactly we're dealing with." I tell her and she huffs, but clearly doesn't have a rebuttal. I pull her chin up and give her a long kiss, really not wanting to be away from her.

Being away from my mate so soon after the bond snaps into place goes against the laws of nature. Normally, new mates are shacked up for about a week, sometimes longer. In my sister Violet's case, I didn't see her until 3 days ago. I internally shuddered at that, I gave her the keys to a cottage I had in the more discreet area of the territory so I didn't have to deal with possibly hearing her and her mate. I did the same with Gemma when she and Seth were first mated. I know what happens when you find your mate and I get it, but I still don't need to think about my little sisters getting dicked down. Or strapped down in Violet's case, I guess? Ok gross, I internally gag at my thoughts. Nope, no thank you.

"Shall we get going, I'm coming too." Seth says

"You and Aston go grab the earth witches, brief them on the situation and offer them a generous pay. I'm going to walk my mate to the living area with my sisters." I tell them.

They nod their heads and walk out, leaving me alone with Amara. I pull her into my chair with me as I sit down and wrap my arms around her while she lays her head in the crook of my neck, inhaling deeply. I've said it before and I'll say it again, she's fucking cute. We sit there like this for a couple minutes before she pulls away and looks at me.

"Do you have to go?" she says, her eyes starting to water as she looks down "I'm sorry if I sound clingy, I just don't want to be away from you right now..." she trails off when I put my index finger under her chin and pull her gaze up to meet mine

"This is normal, baby. I don't want to be away from you either. Once I get everything sorted, Aston will handle my duties and I'll take you somewhere that we can stay until you want to leave" I tell her. I'll take her to the cottage. It's not near the borders but it's close enough I can get to other parts of the territory or the packhouse quickly, if need be. Or someone could get to us quickly...