"Really?" I ask humorously when she gets inside.

"Were you not?" She shrugs her shoulders and finishes up with the bars she had left behind before.

"The way you two work is really interesting." Hunter mutters loud enough for us to hear.

"What do you mean by that?" Mia and I both ask at the same time.

"That's what I mean." Hunter laughs as Mia and I both look at each other. "So... are you ready to do some bar exercises?" He continues holding up a bag and placing it over my bed.

"What are we supposed to do?" I point to the bag a little confused.

We have done bar exercises already I don't really understand why he is giving it this much importance or what the hell is inside that thing.

"I brought something, if you feel ready you can try if you don't I will put it back inside the bag," Hunter explains as he opens the bag and takes out a prosthetic leg.

I just stare at it for a second shocked that this is first news for me. They should have told me about it. And by the look on Mia's face, I can tell she regrets not doing so.

"I wanted to bring it up but I feared you would postpone it and we believe it's time. I know it's hard, a big step, and if you don't want to do it we understand." She explains nervously.

I'm not mad exactly because I know this is her job and that this is my next step on the journey but I'm not happy about it either, I wished she would have given me a heads up at least. I don't think I'm ready to go there yet, learning how to walk, this would mean finally accepting what happened to me, that my leg isn't and will never be a part of me again.

"No, I- I don't think I can do it," I admit looking directly at Mia and ignoring Hunter.

"Okay, okay that's fine... what if Hunter explains how it will work for when you feel ready? Is that okay?" She gets closer to me also ignoring Hunter who is standing awkwardly next to me.

"I need a minute to think... you should have told me about this Mia." I say a little ruder than what I wanted to sound like.

"Can you give us a second?" Mia turns to Hunter who simply nods and gets out of the room leaving the bag and the prosthetic leg behind.

She stands in front of me and looks up directly into my eyes. I can tell she feels bad about keeping me in the dark but I understand why she did it. If it were for me I would wait to check the prosthetic until it became inevitable and she knows that. She is just trying to help.

"I'm sorry." She mutters and I can tell she means it. "I know I should have mentioned it but I have done this before and usually it's better to introduce it in person. It's a big step, and people tend to get scared, to postpone it." She continues, her hand over my upper arm, and that soft voice of hers makes me calm. "If you want to do it I will call Hunter in and if you don't want to just say the words and we can do something else. I wanted to present the opportunity but it's your choice if you want it to happen or not."

I take her words in, weighing the options. I know that I can't escape this, if I want to get out of this chair, of the crutches, if I want to walk on my own again this is it. There's no other option my leg is gone and it's not coming back I know that but I need more time to make my brain understand that.

"I don't think I'm ready, I'm sorry," I whisper slowly.

"Don't be, I will tell Hunter to take it away from here but I need you to know that I'm going to keep trying. I know you won't bring it up and you have to do this so you should know... I'm not backing up on this."