Chapter 10 [Promise]

Start bij het begin

"Where could've Seek went to?" Guiding Light asked.

"Maybe he joined another group..." Glitch replied. "That's the most sensible thing that came to my mind."

"What, another group?" Everybody gasped. The thought of him joining another... He wouldn't... would he? Maybe he just left this hotel to unbrace himself for a bit. He will come back...

"Nope, not impossible, Seek wouldn't leave us." Screech denied.

"But... it may possible. Maybe you should accept it." Glitch said. I heard Screech snuffling. "I mean, I'm just saying but-"

"SEEK WOULDN'T DO THIS TO ME." Screech sounded like he was about to broke down and cry any moment.

"Look kid, Seek is gone, you need to accept it. Unless we find him, he won't be returning back." Glitch continued. The more he talked, the more Screech lost hope. I stood up to stop him from making things worse than they already are.

"Like you would even search for him, please just shut up if you're not going to say something that will give hope." I raised my voice. "This is a fucking child that's standing in front of you. Can't you just be optimistic for one second, just for this kid? Don't make me beg you."

"'That kid' needs to learn that life isn't always so happy-" I cut off Glitch's sentence.

"THAT KID WENT THROUGH SO MANY PAINFUL STAGES OF LIFE! PLEASE-"

"SO DID SEEK?" Screech cut my sentence off. "HE HAD A TERRIBLE LIFE AND YOU WERE THE ONLY PERSON THAT MADE HIM HAPPY." He started crying out loud. "NOT EVEN ME! NOT EVEN HIS SON MADE HIM HAPPY. HE ONLY CARED ABOUT YOU, AND YOU FUCKING MADE HIM LEAVE! HE WOULDN'T EVEN BE HAPPY IF I FOUND HIM, DO YOU UNDERSTAND? FIRST YOU TOOK MY DAD AWAY FROM ME, AND NOW YOU TOOK HIM AWAY FROM US ALL!"

"Screech please don't say that..."

"THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!" Screech pushed me hardly that made me hit my back on the wall and cough violently. "I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY NOW, BECAUSE NOW YOU LOST ONE OF THE ONLY TWO PEOPLE THAT CARED ABOUT YOU."

Screech fastly ran away. I heard him slamming and locking his door. I slowly sat on the floor with my back rubbing against the wall. I pulled my legs closer to my chest again and covered my face. My claws dug into my head. I felt the hot blood pouring down the places that I cut with my fingers. I whispered to myself while sobbing, but my words were loud enough for everybody in the hallway to hear.  "I just tried to defend him. What wrong thing did I even do?"

"You know perfectly well what you did." Halt talked in a cold tone, just as cold as the vibe his hallway gave. 

"Yeah, maybe it's all your fault." Jack agreed.

"Guys..." Guiding Light began. "Please don't go hard on Figure. Don't y'all think that he's already in a bad state right now?"

"He's stupid enough to leave him at his worst, Guiding Light." Ambush said.

"Well, maybe you guys could've gave a shit about Seek?" Guiding Light continued, now talking in more of a harsh tone. "I'm pretty sure none of you really cared about Seek before, so what makes you think you have the rights to blame Figure right now?"

"And did you care about him?" Hide replied. Guiding Light sighed loudly and groaned.

"Tell me, Hide. Did I blame Figure just once? There's a difference between me and y'all. I know I wasn't very close to Seek, so I didn't even open my mouth. But what did y'all do? You all started blaming Figure. Him and Screech are the only people that care about Seek, y'all wouldn't even give a shit about Seek if he died. So stop blaming Figure like you guys care about Seek."