"Dang Austin, find you some business." She elbowed him in his side.

"My baby don't want me to come to dinner?" Amir asked.

"I thought you'd be busy." She feigned innocence.

"I'm never gon be too busy for you, Sabrina." He said, seriously. She knew he meant it so she didn't say anything in response. "Take me off pause real quick."

"I can't right now." she said as she started placing the vegetables in the large pot.

"Rosalee." Amir called her by her middle name in a tone that demanded her attention and confused her body.

"I know he did not." She said quietly, more so to herself than anything as she took her phone out of her pocket and walked out into the family's backyard.

"Yeah, I did." He looked at her sternly through the phone. "Baby, if you don't want me to come, say that. It's still new, so if family dinner is too much for you, I understand."

There it was. The always so understanding man that she'd grown so fond of in a short period of time. A smile slowly spread across her face, and once he noticed, he raised an eyebrow, "what's funny?"

"Amir, would you like to come to dinner at my parents' house tonight? We say grace at 6:30."

"Sabrina, I would love to have dinner with your family. Send me the address." He replied, cooly.

She exited the call screen and shared her location.

"Oh shit. She shared her location wit me? That guh tryna lock me down for real. And imma let her." He laughed at himself.

The covered patio where dinner would be held was lined with large bulb lights. That turned on when the sun set in the evenings. It was still nice outside at 76 degrees.

As Sabrina was setting the outside tables for dinner, her phone rang. She checked the called ID and read Nick's name before accepting the call."Hello?"

"Hey, Im bringing Niko to your moms still right?"

"Yeah. I'm already over here," She checked the time seeing it was 5:45. "Did he eat yet?"

"Nah, he at lunch are 1 then napped til about 4:30. You want me to grab him food?"

"No. I think he should be fine with what mom cooked. When you heading this way?"

"Siri says it'll take 40 minutes, so I'd just say look for us in about an hour." He told her while he gathered Niko's backpack.

"Sabrina!" Riley hollered running into the backyard giggling. "He's here. You better hurry before dad goes out there, he might beat him up."

Riley always made that joke after their father, who retired from the UFC half a decade ago, almost broke Sabrina's prom dates arm, after seeing him get touchy-feely with his daughter on the camera outside the house. Her father was a little over six feet, weighing close to 200 pounds and still worked out regularly since he was was currently a trainer for new fighters. He could definitely still kick some ass.

"Oh shoot. Okay." She said sitting down the silverware. "Nick I gotta go. Let me know when you're close."

"Okay," Nick said, before hanging up. He wondered who she had come over, but figured he'd just see when he got there.

Even though Sabrina and him had been officially broken up for some years, the family still treated him like family. They never made things weird considering him being Niko's father. He was never made to feel unwelcome.

Sabrina went outside to welcome Amir, and try to give him a brief rundown. As soon as she was close enough, he picked her up and spun her around in a hug, pecking her on the lips. She giggled like a schoolgirl and forgot everything she wanted to say as he returned her to the ground.

Before she could even start talking, Austin came outside, teasing playfully, as usual. "Introduce me to your boyfriend, Bina." He marched over, with his shoulders back, and chest poked out.

Sabrina rolled her eyes, "Amir. This is Tin Tin." she embarrassed him.

"Dang, why you being a hater." Austin huffed. "I'm Austin Lewis, draft prospect from UCLA," he introduced himself.

"Is that right?" Amir said, smiling. "Well keep doing ya thang. The grind don't stop." He dapped Austin up.

"Anyway." Sabrina pushed her brother out of the way, as Amir popped the hatch to his Bentley and pulled out two bottles of wine.

An exclusive blend from Brown Estates, the first black-owned Winery in Napa Valley.

"This is nice, where'd you get this?" She asked reading the label. "My moms gonna love this."

"Moms gon love me." He chuckled. "I'm a member." He replied casually.