ONE - Unmistakable

Late May, 1999

Nick's POV

"Nick, c'mon man, we're gonna miss our flight. What are you doing in there?" I hear Brian's voice outside the cubicle door.

I've been sitting in the airport toilets for just about 10 minutes rethinking this whole tour thing. Recently, I've been feeling overworked, we've been rehearsing this tour for so long, and now we've got 123 shows to do until March. I feel burnt out and we haven't even started yet.

"Nick, are you coming or do I have to drag you out that damn stall myself?" Brian sighs. "Yeah, yeah, I'm coming." I say half heartedly unlocking the door and push it open. Brian is stood in front of the mirror, his arms folded, looking frustrated. "Why were you in there for so long? Our gate is gonna open in like one minute." he says, turning around. "Just thinking."

We make our way out the men's and walk over to the rest of the guys. "There he is, you alright Nicky?" AJ speaks up. "Yeah, I'm alright, just kinda stressed yknow?" I say as we make our way over to our gate with passports in hand. "I get you man, don't worry, it's gonna be just fine."

"Thanks Jay."

Belgium

Once we get to our hotel and settle down, I walk into mine and Brian's shared room to gather my thoughts. Being famous isn't easy, which makes being in a relationship with a girl harder, we travel so much and our schedules are always jam-packed, yet when Brian talks about his girlfriend, it's as though none of that matters. Perhaps it doesn't. I come back out after a few minutes to the guys laughing together. They all stop when they see me and share a concerned expression. "What?" I ask, confused. "Dude, you've been quiet all day, and we've barely seen you. What's going on?" Howie says whilst sitting up and facing me. "I dunno, it's just that when we we're younger I didn't really think about how hard it'd be finding a girl being all famous n' that."

"You've got all the girls you want, Nick, I mean look at all the fangirls that drool over your banana hair." AJ chuckles. The guys laugh in agreement, but I don't find it very funny. "I'm not talking about them, Jay, I mean I want to find someone to spend the rest of my life with. I'm ready." "Bro, you're literally 19, chill. You still have the rest of your life to find her." Howie says. "Yeah, unlike Kev." I laugh, Kevin glares at me as I smirk. "Watch your mouth, kid. I'm only 28".

y/n's POV

"Holy balls it's busy today." I say, taking a mental note of the amount of people at the café. "Yeah, we seem pretty popular today, I wonder why." Isabelle whispered, following me to the counter. She leans on it with her elbow and casually proceeds to take a customers order. I nudge her elbow slightly, and she almost loses her balance. Once the customer sits down, she gives me a 'what was that for?' death stare.

I slightly glance at her without turning my head. "If big boss man sees you not being professional on the job, you bet your ass is gonna get fired. You know what he's like, izzy." I tell her, then take someone's order. "Yeah, yeah." She sighs. Our manager, Rod, takes work way too seriously. When me and izzy first started, he yelled at us for not having 'correct posture' when taking orders. Every day we wish we didn't take this job, but it pays our bills, so we deal with it.

We've been best friends for about three years now, we met at 15 in high school and last year we moved here to Belgium, we haven't been separated since. In fact, she's the one who suggested we get this job because there were two employees needed and she said it'd be perfect. Turns out it's not so perfect after all.

"y/n, you're spacing out again." She says, turning around to make a coffee. "Oh! I'm sorry, sir." I apologise to the man I was serving, then continue to make his order. "Thinking about your 'true love' again?" Isabelle smirks. "No, actually, I wasn't." I snap back. "Yknow you can't just keep waiting in this tiny ass café for some Knight in shining armour to come whisk you away, y/n, you have to get out there."

"I know, but it never seems to work when I do, I never meet anyone outside...whilst in here, I have a better chance." I say, pointing at her with coffee in my hand. She just tuts at me and shakes her head. I finish the order and hand it to the man who pays, and I give him his receipt. "Break time?" Izzy smiles. "Break time."

.
.
.

A/N

Oh my goodness hey, right okay so the last time I wrote was when I was 13. Didn't go well at all. But, since I've read literally every single book under #nickcarter I decided to write a fanfic of my own. I wouldn't have done this before solely for the reason that it isn't very exciting when you know the plot already. However, I thought I'd try it.

I'm gonna try and upload a new chapter every week and see where it goes, I plan for this to be quite a big book (30ish pages maybe?) And I have the plot sorted I just need to find time to write.

Hope you enjoy :-)