We Really Stink (Percy's Perspective)

Comenzar desde el principio

"Yes. It could be him."

"Any chance it could be Hera?" I questioned, pulling open the double doors to Hogwarts. Annabeth shook her head.

"As annoying as she is, she's a good... well, she fights for the right cause." She paused. "Her tactics are horrible. But she keeps the Olympians together." She spat out the words disdainfully, as if they left a bitter taste in her mouth. "But what I'm most worried about is Zeus's absence. It's a great strategy to remove the leader. The possessed god has successfully thrown Mount Olympus into chaos. Assuming the possessed one isn't Zeus himself." Annabeth shuddered.

"But I think... I think we should be searching for the god who is behind all of this. Not the one who's possessed, because it's not really their fault. The one that abused their power to keep Riddle's soul in his body. He or she is technically the real perpetrator." Annabeth reasoned. Her voice trembled nervously, so very slightly, but I noticed.

"It'll be okay. Come on, we got this." I squeezed her hand. "We've always done it in the end." I looked her in the eye. Annabeth sighed.

"I suppose you're right."

"Actually?" I gasped theatrically.

"Don't get me wrong. It's a rare occasion, Seaweed Brain." Annabeth teased and elbowed me.

"Hey, did Leo say why we should be coming back inside?" Thalia spotted us and ran over.

"No. He told you to come inside too?" I asked. She nodded.

"Something about possession?" She said.

"Oh," I realized, "maybe they discovered something about the god?" We simultaneously broke into a jog excitedly.

"Giligus Vulgare." The the portrait of the fat lady swung open with a creak. We stepped inside.

"Maybe-" Thalia started, but a bloodcurdling scream from Nico's room caused us to look at each other in fright.

"Nico? Guys?" I banged on the door and I almost fell into Will as he opened the door from the inside. He motioned for us to come inside.

"What's wrong?"

"Piper's been possessed." Annabeth gasped, seeing Piper's eyes a bright gold hue. She was gagged and hog-tied to a chair. Hazel, Frank, and Leo all sported many bruises.

"It took a while to do that." Leo gestured to Piper's restricted state. "Her charmspeak was especially hard to combat. Try gagging someone when they make you go bash your head in the wall. It's hard."

"How'd you do it?" Thalia asked, hands on her hip.

"Hazel managed to sneak up behind her and knock her out cold, though she woke up about a few moments ago." Frank glanced at his girlfriend with pride. Piper struggled.

"Mmmmpf!" She complained.

"We can't even ungag her to ask the eidolon questions because she'll charmspeak us," Hazel explained, observing Piper sympathetically. Piper struggled some more; the chair shook. I was scared it might break.

Suddenly, the gold left Piper's eyes. Frank stiffened. We didn't have to look at his eyes or hear his voice to know that he was possessed. He turned.

"You-"

"Eidolon, leave us. Never bother us again. Don't come near us, don't possess us, don't chase us. Don't ever let us see you again!" A voice yelled behind us. The gold vanished from Frank's eyes, the pupils returning to their normal brown. I turned to see Piper breathing heavily, her gag in Leo's hands.

"Yuck." Leo dropped the piece of cloth in disgust, slobber wetly slapping the ground. "That eidolon drools a lot."