Chapter 40.

⎯⎯ HANNAH'S POV:

I'm currently getting ready for school, it's seven thirty. I decided to have a later alarm since i'm always super early. I've just finished changing, i've brushed my teeth and washed my face.

I grab my backpack and head downstairs to make my lunch.

'Morning baby.' Lizzie says with a smile.
'Morning.' I return the warm smile and leave my bag by the door.

Scarlett has packed my lunch for me so she's putting it in my bag whilst i'm grabbing breakfast.

'Look, we're so sorry we weren't here on time yesterday, i know we promised we would be here.' Scarlett frowns. 'It's fine, if it's an issue i can just stay with phoebe after school and you can pick me up. She took me to Starbucks yesterday.' I say with a small smile.

'No, we'll be here. I promise.' Scarlett says. The word promise makes me frown a little because she's promised me so many different things that she never lived up to. 'Okay.' I smile and she nods.

I finish my bowl of lucky charms and go sit in the living room.

'Oh can my friend Elissa come over tonight? We want to go over our drama script.' I ask.
'Don't see why not. No partying though.' Lizzie says with a raised eyebrow.

'Got it.' I smile.

'Okay, have a good day baby, i love you.' Scarlett says as she leans back to kiss my forehead.

'Bye momma.' I smile. 'I love you too.' I get out and shut the door, running to my friends, greeting them with hugs as usual.

'So we're having the party this friday, that okay?' Teddy asks and i nod. 'Yep! I want to stay at my dads this weekend anyways so that's perfect.' I smile.

'Wait your dads? Whose your dad?' Emilia asks. 'Colin Jost, i only found out recently.' I grin. 'That's awesome! No wonder you have such good genes.' Max jokes. We all laugh. 'Thanks. I think.' I chuckle.

The bell rings and i head to english.

I take my seat. We have to write an essay on something we love, so i wrote mine on my moms. It's fifty percent of our grade, which is a lot.

We're dismissed for break, i head to the library because there's this trending book i want to try find.

'Oh hey Hannah!' A girls voice says from behind me. 'Hey Elissa.' I smile.

'What you looking for?' She asks as she starts walking around with me. 'Two can keep a secret.' I smile.

'Oh down here, i read that last week.' She crouches to a bottom shelf and finds the book. 'Thank you.' I grin and we check it out, walking through the corridors.

'You can come to mine today by the way.' I smile. 'Thanks, are we walking?' She asks and i shake my head. 'My dad will take us.' I smile.

'Great! I'll see you after school.' She smiles and walks off to her next lesson.

I text my dad to warn him in advance.

me
hey, my friend elissa is coming over tonight, is it still okay if you drop us home? 💘

dad 💓
yeah that's perfectly fine, it'll be me and phoebe picking you up

me
thank you, i love you and i'll see you after school.

I put my phone away, heading to maths.

I walk in and find a desk. I struggle with maths, a lot. I really hope i don't get called out on.

REDEMPTION // ADOPTED BY SCARLETT JOHANSSONOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara