Chapter 12.

⎯⎯ HANNAH'S POV:

I wake up.

'Lizzie?' I call out into the dark room.

'Scarlett?' I say again.

No one is here. I get up, leave my room. Im back at my fosters house.

Don't tell me that was a dream. Don't you dare tell me this was all a dream.

My foster dad is in the kitchen. Not scarlett's beautiful warm kitchen, quite the opposite.

My feet are no longer on fluffy grey carpets, now they stand on cold hard floors.

'We need to talk.' He says as he puts his beer down. 'Sit down.' He slurs.

I sit at the table, facing him. He starts to unbuckle his belt.

I look around the room. Parts of it are foggy or disfigured. There's a chance that this could be a dream, I need to wake myself up.

I continue to shout for lizzie and scarlett as he walks closer to me, looping the belt around his hand.

'They're not coming for you. They've got a reputation to uphold, they're not going to let you ruin their careers. You're so foolish.' He chuckles.

I get up and grab a plant pot from a side table.

'Don't touch me with that belt.' I threaten.

'Or what? You can't hurt me.' He slurs.

'Momma you've gotta wake me up... please wake me up.' I plead to myself.

⎯⎯ SCARLETT'S POV:

It's 5am, i'm being shaken?

'Scarlett?!' Lizzie is whisper shouting to me.
'Yeah what's up?' I say, still drowsy from my sleep. 'It's han, she's having a nightmare.' She says desperately. I sit up more.

She continues to call for us, begging us to come help her but neither of us know what to do.

'Don't.' She mumbles in her sleep, the anger on her face still visible.

'Momma... momma you've gotta wake me up. Please.' She begs as tears fall from her sleeping eyes.

'Lizzie sit her up.' I instruct as Lizzie holds her up. 'Hannah?! Han, you're dreaming you need to wake up.' I say with a raised voice.

'Hannah?!' I shout and her eyes open. She immediately sits up, wiggling out of lizzie's hold.

She gets up and goes to the bathroom, lifting up her shirt. 'Was I dreaming?' She asks breathlessly. 'You were honey it wasn't real.' I say as I walk towards her. 'Okay. Okay good.' She sighs as she sits back down.

'What time is it scarlett?' She asks. 'Almost six.' I try not show any hurt at the use of my actual name, even though she was dreaming when she called out for me with the name 'momma.'

'Where's lizzie?' She asks as her eyes scan the room. 'I'm here! I just went to the bathroom.' Lizzie says as she walks back into the room.

She crawls back into bed, getting under the covers and brings her knees to her chest.

'You okay sweetheart?' I ask. She nods.
'Okay, do you want us to stay?' I ask again.

She just nods. i've noticed she does that whenever she's been emotional.

'Are you going to try sleep?' Lizzie asks. She shakes her head. 'Okay, I'm going to go get breakfast, then we can watch a movie up here okay?' I say.

She nods. Lizzie stays with her.