"why are you sitting here alone when you should already be at the breakfast table and where is Virat?" Mahi bhai peaked inside the youngster's room and frowned seeing Rohit staring in the space.

"Virat's off to somewhere I don't know and I was heading to have breakfast." Rohit grumbled as he got up.

"did you ask him to join you?"

"I did, apparently he didn't want to but I'm done with him. If he doesn't want to be friends with me. Fine, I won't force him." Rohit replied scowling.

MS had been observing the two for a few days. He had seen Rohit trying to befriend Virat. He had also seen Virat softening but trying to act stern.

Virat and Rohit both had extraordinary potential, he knew future was in safe hands but it to show those results, these two needed to make friends with each other but he saw no progress in their relationship with each other.

Virat tried to avoid any advances outside the field like a plague and that worried MS.

MS shook his head helplessly as he followed Rohit to where the team was.

All this set up reminded him of his debut days and how his shy persona was broken by the extra loud and excited Yuvraj Singh.

He had hated the boy for days but now they were best friends.

If Yuvi had given up on him, probably Mahi wouldn't have a soul to trust his life with.

........

Rohit entered the room humming to himself a catchy tune he had heard in the morning and now refused to leave his mind.

He frowned when he saw a lousy figure covered in the blanket and sleeping on Virat's bed.

Who? Virat obviously, Rohit's eyes widened as he hurried to stand beside him.

He gently pulled the cover to see a shivering Virat underneath.

His eyes immediately softened as he put his hand on his forehead, definitely warmer than it should be.

He rushed to his suitcase and pulled out an emergency medical kit. Mentally thanking his mother for forcing him to carry one always.

"open your mouth." he commanded him after washing the thermometer to put into his mouth.

"I'm fine." Virat grumbled, trying to cover his face again.

He knew he looked horrible because he also felt horrible. He had been feeling a bit off since morning which is why he left the room early morning to avoid contact with anyone.

Nobody needed to see him in such vulnerable condition.

"fine if you don't want to do it yourself, I'll call Mahi bhai and let him know that you're sick and refused medications and that you should not be played in the next match." Rohit shrugged casually as he took a seat on his bed.

"you won't do that." Virat stared at him sharply.

"oh try me." Rohit smirked mentally at getting the upper hand.

How much Virat tried avoiding the bonding sessions with team but Rohit could see the immense love and respect Virat had for MS.

He was probably the only one in the team whom he actually listened to.

"what are you waiting for?" Virat asked irritatedly.

"what?"

"get done with that damn thing." he sulked as he opened his mouth.

Rohit grinned victoriously as he waited for the beep sound.

"it's high." Rohit tsked disdainfully looking at the temperature reading, "wait I'll call the doctor."