2 - Coffee & Quarter Pounder

Two | Coffee & Quarter Pounder

-

Elio
What difference a coffee makes? A nurse in the female ward told me that there was never a day she'd bump into me without coffee in hand. My mom would tell me to reduce my intake but being the stubborn son that I was, I bought a coffee machine a month after that conversation. At least, I do not smoke, I reasoned. Mom just rolled her eyes on me. I had my lunch after my second patient who is in her mid-forties surviving second heart attack. Sometimes, when I feel like giving up, I think about my patients and their eagerness to get better... then I sip from my coffee. And life can be really good.

-

Luna
I stopped by at McDonald's grabbing myself a big brown bag containing both my lunch and dinner. I have passed out a little after hitting the bed fresh from warm shower. I then woke up just few minutes before six and prepared to go to work. The building was a little quiet today. It's kind of weird. Sometimes, it's full of people. Sometimes, it's just bare and quiet. I love quiet. I love not being responsible to be pleasant. I can smell my dinner when I stepped inside the lift and my stomach instantly began to churn. I listened to the silence apart from the noise the elevator is making. Tonight is just any given night and all you look forward to is that first bite on your quarter pounder. Sometimes, when I feel like giving up, I think of fat stray cats.