35 | Better girls out there

Usually, whenever I had gotten an assignment for the Chelsea squad I would feel an immediate dread or resentment and would make up any excuse to not take it.

But that wasn't the case anymore.

Instead, I felt excited and was what I hoped for whenever my boss would call me up to her office. It gave me an excuse to hang out with Mason, especially since he's been a little busy recently and couldn't find an opening in our schedules to spend time with each other.

I was assigned to update and take photos for Trivago's social media accounts today at some football social event. Players from premier league clubs were supposedly gathering around and were heard to have a lot of publicity so of course my boss took this as a chance for Chelsea to represent their company and make more money.

I entered the venue with my 'staff' lanyard hanging around my neck and my phone glued to my hands, ready to post anything interesting I had seen happen but was immediately taken by surprise when cameras and reporters all came up in my face. I panicked, hiding my face behind my phone but they quickly backed away once they realised I wasn't an important person who kicked a ball around for a living. I sighed in relief, I thought the media had found out about me and Mason for a second...

As the path cleared up, I continued to walk through the venue to immediately looked for Mason. I hadn't told him I was coming to this event and wanted to surprise him. But guess I was just a second too late when I felt a pair of hands suddenly grab my shoulders from behind me and screamed out 'rah', scaring the living shit out of me. My hand immediately when to relieve my racing heart after screaming my lungs out and I turned around to see Mason clutching his stomach from how hard he was laughing.

I narrowed my eyes into slits as he wiped away his tears and pulled me into a warm hug, "I'm so sorry," he giggled and any annoyance I felt before immediately melted away

"I'm suddenly getting very involved in the football scene," I smirked as we both pulled away to not cause any suspicions.

"Hey, I told you, if you're with me you're with football as well," I rolled my eyes but giggled nonetheless, "what are you doing here anyways?" He asked, tilting his head in confusion.

I wiggled the lanyard in the air, "was assigned," I sent him a bright smile as his smile grew from cheek to cheek.

"So no one will get suspicious?" He hoped and I nodded my head.

"Not until I snap a quick photo of you and Chilly for Instagram," I offered and Mason willingly complied, going over to Chilly to drag him into the picture. I laughed at how confused he looked until he got the gist and posed for the Instagram story. I stood in place for a minute, quickly editing and adding text before pressing post, "thanks guys." I smiled.

"Hi, Mason I'm Kaitlyn," one of the reporters approached Mason and he gladly greeted her with a handshake, "I was wondering if I could ask you a few questions?"