34 | Old Friends...

"Nora..." Tyler's eyes widened at the sight of me as I did the same. This can't be real... He is not standing in front of me right now!

"Wait— you guys know each other?" Mason asked, pointing between the two of us and I swallowed hard.

"Yeah, we were best friends back in high school," Tyler's tone was cheery and expressive which began to piss me off.

He's completely oblivious.

"But then we kinda found other friends and then she moved away." Mason furrowed his brows and looked at me. I gave him a tight smile to avoid explaining to him what really happened. All I wanted to do was run away from the situation, run away from Tyler and curl up into a ball. "Why did you stop talking to me anyway," Tyler asked, sounding more confused than angry.

Oh, I don't know, maybe because I was upset.

Because I felt betrayed.

Because I was in a bad mental state.

Because the sight of you made me want to rip your guts out right then and there.

"I just wanted to focus on my studies.." I avoided looking at him and just stared at the ground, focusing on my breathing. I couldn't comprehend how Tyler was here in front of me, in a professional football team. High school me would've been so proud of him for living his dream...

I internally scoffed.

I was so naive..

"So what are you doing here? From what I remember you hated football back in high school," he crossed his arms and slightly squinted his eyes, seeming to be very interested in how I am.

"Mason forced me to come to this game," I nudged his side, smirking at him. I instantly felt a lot better when he smiled back down at me and was happy I had some reassuring company in this situation. "But I came anyway because I had to take a few pictures for my job," I saw Mason bite his lip in the corner of my eye to contain his smile. He knew I came to this game to support him and nothing else, the job thing was just to avoid suspicion.

"Oh, so you work for Chelsea?" He smiled, finding it ironic I work for a football team even though I hate the sport.

"No, I work for Trivago, they just happened to be sponsored by them," I shrugged.

"Yeah but you practically work for Chelsea with the amount of times you're assigned a job at Cobham," Mason swung his arm around my shoulder and I playfully tried to push him away, ignoring the mass of butterflies in my stomach from his touch.

"Ok buddy," I glanced at Tyler and found he was also smiling at us which instantly turned my mood sour. A small scowl replaced my smile and I wriggled out of Mason's grasp, "so how's it with you and Sabrina?" I asked, my voice laced with poison and pettiness.

His smile instantly faltered at the mention of her name and he scratched the back of his neck, looking down sheepishly, "uh," he chuckled nervously, "that just recently fell out.."

A normal person would feel sympathetic for someone who just went through a break up, but a normal person didn't go through the things I did because of this man.

"Okay." I simply said, not a single tone of sympathy in my voice, and his face dropped at my carelessness.

I hit a soft spot. good.

"You guys going to the bar after this?" Trent asked, more to Mason than me. I looked over to Mason, completely shocked by this new found information.

"Wait, we're going to a bar after this?"