10.Giving a chance!

Anyways hope you loved Karan's jealousy and her bravery..

Silent readers please vote and comment...🥺

《♡♥︎♡♥︎♡》

Sometimes you all need is a second chance because time wasn't ready for the first one!

《♡♥︎♡》

They reached the house in silence, with Karan clearly in no mood for conversation. Preeta, sensing his anger, chose not to approach him.

She went into her room, while Ankit left her luggage in the living room.

She locked her door, took in her surroundings, and tears began to stream down her face. She sank to the floor with her back against the wall, covering her face with her hands to muffle her sobs.

Karan, meanwhile, was restless outside, his pacing betraying his anxiety. The thought of her crying alone tore at him.

"Karan... for god's sake, go inside," Priyanka said, her voice filled with concern.

"She won't open the door, I know," Karan replied, his voice heavy with worry, knowing she would be crying.

"So what will you do now... just stand here?" Ankit asked sarcastically, which only deepened Karan's frustration.

"Why don't you go and freshen up... we'll try to talk to her," Priyanka suggested, noticing Karan's rising anger.

Karan went to the bathroom and took a shower, feeling lost and deeply saddened. The steam did little to ease the storm within him.

"Preeta, open the door, please," Priyanka pleaded, banging on the door.

"Pri... Priyanka, I'm coming in a few minutes," Preeta said, her voice choked with sobs and hiccups.

"Ankit, she's crying and not opening the door," Priyanka said emotionally, her concern palpable.

"Give her some time, Priyanka. She lost her parents yesterday and still managed to be strong today. Just imagine how much she's been holding back," Ankit said, his voice laden with empathy.

Priyanka and Ankit waited patiently, sitting on the sofa. Ankit focused on his laptop while Priyanka made arrangements to cancel meetings, knowing Karan was too exhausted.

Preeta, standing under the shower, let the water hide her tears as she wept for her parents.

"Preeta hasn't opened the door?" Karan asked as he entered the room. They nodded in response.

"I knew she wouldn't open it. I told you both," Karan said, heading towards his room.

"Where did he go?" Ankit asked, puzzled.

"He must be going for the keys," Priyanka said, setting her phone aside.

"It won't help," Ankit said, continuing his work.

"Priyanka, order some food. She hasn't eaten anything since breakfast. Just get some snacks or dinner," Karan said, finishing a glass of water.

"Okay, I'm on it," Priyanka said, picking up her phone. Karan made his way back to Preeta's room.

Karan tried to unlock the door, but it was still stuck.

"She even locked it with a latch... great," Karan said sarcastically, his jealousy flaring as he noted the extra barrier. It stung to see her distancing herself, even if it was just a symbolic gesture.