"Sachi." She asked to confirm.

"Haan yaar. Ab kya likh ke du. I must say ki tu painting mai apna career banane ki soch." Sidharth said trying to boost her confidence.

"Pagal hai kya. Itna bhi achha nahi hai." Shehnaaz replied.

"Nahi. Sun meri baat. Mein yeh mazak mai nahi keh raha. Sach mai try karna isko as a career. Abhi ekdum nahi keh raha hun. Sochna phir dheere dheere steps le sakti hai." Sidharth said.

"Tu kehta hai toh maan leti hun. Abhi chal hospital chalna hai." Shehnaaz said pulling him along with her.

When they reached the hospital, they found Chhaya looking at them with confusion. Shehnaaz ignored her gaze and left to her cabin. While Sidharth spotted Rupanshi and Bindu Ji. He smiled at them as a sign of greeting and left to his cabin.

When Rupanshi was called in she came alone leaving her mother outside. She then passed a tiffin box to Sidharth. Sidharth raised his left eyebrow as if questioning her.

"Vo maine gajar ka halwa banaya tha toh socha aapke bhi le chalu." Rupanshi replied with a blush which shocked Sidharth. He could read her body language and gestures to understand that she is drawn towards him. But he couldn't be rude to her so he politely said, "Rupanshi Ji, iski koi jarurat nahi hai. Aap pareshaan na hua kare. Khair abhi aap batayiye abhi kaisi hai aap."

"Ji, mein theek hun. Aapki baat samajh aa rahi hai mujhe. Ab mein logon ki baaton pe dhyaan nahi deti." Rupanshi replied looking at him with a shine in her eyes.

Sidharth shifted uncomfortably in his place, cleared his throat and said, "Ummm...okay. Wait a minute." He called Shehnaaz to his cabin due to which a displeased look was visible on Rupanshi's face.

"Haan bol, Sidharth." Shehnaaz barged into his cabin unaware of Rupanshi's presence. She bit her tongue when she saw Rupanshi. Sidharth passed her the tiffin box and said, "Sun yeh gajar ka halwa Rupanshi ji lekar aaye hai. Hum dono lunch mai share kar lenge. Par tu yeh tiffin box khaali kar ke le aa." Shehnaaz nodded and did as told.

During lunchtime in Shehnaaz's cabin, Shehnaaz asked "Yeh gajar ka halwa kyu?"

"Pata nahi yaar. Vo lekar aa gayi, mujhe bahut ajeeb laga. Uski body language bhi ajeeb lagi. I felt as if she is trying to..." Sidharth trailed off.

"She is trying to...what?" Shehnaaz asked as she didn't understand.

"Samajh na yaar." Sidharth whined.

"Kya samjhu. Tu bata toh." Shehnaaz again asked not getting what he is trying to say.

"Arey yaar. I think she likes me. Aaj alag tarah se dekh rahi thi. Infact aaj toh uska appointment bhi nahi tha. Abhi kal hi aakar gayi thi. Aur phir vo halwa. I thought of denying but then I thought ki rude ho jaayega so I called you." Sidharth said in one breath.

Shehnaaz kept looking at his face and then burst out laughing.

"Mat kar yaar. Ajeeb lag raha hai pehle hi. Maine usse aisa koi hint nahi dia hai kabhi that she is doing all this." Sidharth sighed.

"Tu ne koi signal nahi dia, par tu hai hi itna pyaara ki kisi ko bhi pyaar aa jaaye tere par." Shehnaaz said which did something in his heart.

Just then Chhaya entered in her cabin startling both of them.

"Umm...sorry sir. Vo mein Shehnaaz ke paas aayi thi. I didn't knew aap bhi yahi par honge. I will come later." Chhaya said.

"No wait. I am done, I was just leaving. You can talk to her." Sidharth said to Chhaya. Then he turned towards Shehnaaz and whispered, "Don't run from your past. Baat kar. Jo bhi bole vo sun phir tera mann kare toh aage se baat karna varna rehne dena. Just don't avoid this because tujhe darr lagta hai."

"Hmm." She replied and then Sidharth left patting her left cheek lightly.

"Hello. Kaisi ho tum?" Chhaya asked.

"I am fine. And you?" Shehnaaz spoke formally.

"I am also good. Aaj kahi dinner pe chale." Chhaya asked after a minute of silence. She was getting awkward and Shehnaaz was not the reason. It was her behaviour in the past which she is regretting now.

"Nahi. I don't go out frequently." Shehnaaz replied calmly.

"Please Shehnaaz. For old times' sake." Chhaya requested on the verge of crying. She wasn't a bad girl who would bully others. But her parents didn't allow her to be friends with Shehnaaz and as a child she preferred to listen to her parents than someone else. What she didn't understood at that time was that her parents themselves misunderstood Shehnaaz and her condition.

Shehnaaz denied but she kept on insisting which irritated Shehnaaz.

"I won't deny that we had been close to each other in the past Chhaya. But I don't want to to go out. It is quite simple. Why don't you understand? Vaise bhi itna koi achha time nahi raha hai mera kisi ke saath so please spare me." Shehnaaz said frustrated with Chhaya as she reminded her of her past.

"Sorry Shehnaaz. I didn't understood then. But ab samajh aa raha hai. Please don't be mad at me. Baat karle yaar achhe se. I promise I won't leave you this time. Maaf karde yaar." Chhaya started crying.

"Chhaya, please don't try to make me guilty by crying. I am not upset with you for leaving me. It was how rudely you spoke to me then and insulted me. I am sorry but I cannot forget all that. I was hurt by your words more than your actions. Also, it is not that I hate you. I can't. It is just that let us survive as colleagues here." Shehnaaz said which pushed Chhaya more into the pit of guilt.

"I am sorry again. But I will try my best to gain your trust and friendship back. Well, I am happy that atleast you have Sir as your best friend." Chhaya said determined and left the room, leaving a sighing Shehnaaz.

On their way back to home, Shehnaaz told Sidharth everything that happened in her cabin. Sidharth asked her not to worry and take time to decide whatever she wants. After dinner, they strolled in the garden as usual.

-------◇◇◇◇◇-------

NOTE : - Namaste everyone. Read and enjoy. Thanks for your constant support.  Keep smiling.😊

Should Chaaya be given one chance? Or it okay like colleagues?

Rupanshi feels something for Sidharth....uska kya kara jaaye?

Do you think Rupanshi will unknowingly become the cupid between Sidharth and Shehnaaz. Or they will realise their love on their own?

{Published on : Sunday, 19 February 2023}

_________________________________________

Keep Sidharth and his family in your prayers.

Your writer,
Sudhanya