Chapter 4

Good morning(: I don't have school today, so I'l probably add a few more chapters. 

Here's Chapter 4<3 

-Sara 

Jason's POV 

Rebecca's mom just died. Right in front of her. I was dreading this day ever since she told me her mom was diagnosed. I never wanted this to happen, not to her. Not to anybody. This is awful, fuck you cancer. 

I tried to hold her, protect her. But she ran. I have no choice but to follow her, so I take off in the direction she went. "Rebecca!" I call after her. She runs out the door, me following close behind. 

Rebecca's POV 

I'm running, I don't know where, but I'm running. Tears are blinding my vision and I don't know where I am. Jason's calling after me, and I know he's right on my heels. We both play soccer and swim. I also do gymnastics. We have athletic families. 

I know I have to stop. I've lost all my energy, the realization that I've just lost my mom has taken over my body. I collapse to the ground, sobs rack through my body. Uncontrollable sadness. Next thing I know, I'm in Jason's arms. 

"Shh..shhh..." he hushes me, rubbing my back softly, rocking me. "Be strong for her..." He whispers, his voice cracking at the last word. I cry harder, memories of her swarm my brain. He picks me up and is carrying me to his car. I'm exhausted and sad, I feel my eyes getting heavier and heavier, until I fall asleep in his arms. 

Jason's POV 

She fell asleep in my arms. I knew she would be tired after all this. 

I set her down softly in the back seat and kiss her forehead. "Night beautiful" I whisper and slide in to the driver's seat, careful not to make any noise. 

When we arrive at Rebecca's house, nobody's home. And I know something's wrong. Her dad would be home by now, it's almost 1:00 in the morning.

 I sigh and jog around to the back door, she must have heard the door opening. Her eyes flutter and open. Her beautiful blue eyes. 

"Where am I?" She mumbles, exhaustion in her voice. 

"We're home" I say softly and help her out of the car. 

"Where's my dad?" She says, now fully alert at the situation. Yeah, something's definitely wrong here. She runs to the door and unlocks it with her key. I follow her inside. Nobody's home. 

Rebecca's POV 

Nobody's at my house. My dad's always home by now. He must've found out about mom. Jason says he's staying until he comes back. Thank God. I can't be alone right now. 

Suddenly the door flies open. I stifle a scream and Jason grabs me from behind protectively. 

And in walks my dad. Drunk, and with another woman at his side. 

"Dad? What's this?" I say, holding back angry tears. 

"Shut up" he slurs. 

He stumbles into the kitchen and pulls out 2 bottles of beer, one for him, and one for his lady friend still standing in the doorway. 

"Dad who is this" I say, anger boiling up inside of me. I pull away Jason's arms. 

"I said, SHUT UP" he yells, and before I could reply, he slaps me hard across the face. 

And the tears finally spill over my bottom lashes as I run upstairs and into my bedroom, away from the events that just took place. 

"WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE HITTING YOUR OWN DAUGHTER LIKE THAT" I hear Jason yell downstairs. There's more yelling and fighting, but I can't hear it. My sobs drown out everything. Not just because of my mom, or the fact that my dad hit me. Everything. The bullying, being called a slut, worthless, whore, ugly, fat, stupid, being pushed around, everything. Fake friendships, the backstabbing, the stress, everything. The work, the tears. Everything.

And that's when I get out the razor.