Chapter 3

Chapter 3. Hope you enjoy(: <3 

-Sara 

Jason's POV 

I kissed her. I don't know why I did it, but I kissed her. Wait, forget that. I know exactly why I kissed her. I've been waiting for ages to kiss Rebecca, and I did it. Just now. Everything just added up to that moment, and I wouldn't change anything about it. It felt like this weight was just lifted off my shoulders, and I swear, I felt completed. 

Rebecca's POV 

He kissed me. And I don't know why he did it, but he did. It felt like the puzzle just came together in that one moment. And I don't regret anything.  (AN: *audience awws*) 

He pulled away and looked straight into my eyes. "You know I've been waiting years to do that." he smirks. He sighs and looks away, smiles to himself. "I've also been waiting years to do this." He says. "What are you talking about?" I say, laughing. The memories of the kiss still in my head. 

"Be my girlfriend." He said suddenly . I've been waiting for him to say those three words my whole life. I nodded, unable to say anything. "O-of course" I finally say.  And I swear, the look on his face when I said yes was priceless. 

Jason's POV 

"Be my girlfriend" I said suddenly. Come on, I had to do it. I was sure she would say no and that we would be no more than friends, but I was wrong. Dammit, I was so wrong. She said yes. And it was like my whole life was nothing anymore. It was all here. On Rebecca's doorstep. I kissed her again, longer this time. I've been waiting for the day to make her mine, and tonight it happened. 

Next Morning 

Rebecca's POV 

Finally it's Saturday. I roll over to check the time on my clock. 12:34. A usual on Saturday. I sit up and see that my cat, Doug, is still sleeping soundly at the bottom of my bed. This cat. 

I walk over to my vanity and see that I have 10 missed text messages. Already. 

Lexi: Hey

Lexi: Hey 

Lexi: Rebecca get your ass out of bed 

Lexi: Wake the fuck up 

Meghan: Heyyyyyy babayyyyy 

Meghan: Bro, wake up 

Meghan: Wake up

Meghan: I hate you 

Jason: Good morning, beautiful 

Jason: Wake up sleepy head(: 

Wait what? I reread the text messages from Jason. Good morning beau- then I remembered. Jason asked me to be his girlfriend last night. I thought it was a dream. Better text him back. 

Me: Hey, sorry I was asleep haha 

Jason: It's okay, gorgeous. Wanna go somewhere for lunch? (: 

Me: Sure. See ya in 10? 

Jason: Yeah. I'll pick you up. 

Me: Alright byeeeee 

I actually like my life right now. That's a change. I get dressed in some rolled up skinny jeans, pink converse, and a white shirt that says "Sporty Spice" in black. (AN: If you know who Tyler Oakley is, comment because I love him and we are now best friends. If not, I have nothing to say to you. Jk, now back to the story) I leave my hair down, grab my bag and phone (White iPhone 4S) and text Jason. 

Me: Ready(: 

Jason: Ok, I'm on my way(: 

Not 2 minutes later, he pulls up (After all, all he had to do it drive across the street) He walks up to my door and rings the doorbell. My mom starts to get up to get it. "I've got it mom" I say and open the door. "Hey. You look cute today" Jason says with a wink. "Thank you" I say giggling. "BYE MOM" I yell and we're walking hand in hand to his car. (My parents know about all this, by the way) 

Jason's POV 

I ring the doorbell with a shaky hand. I really don't want to mess this up. Rebecca opens the door and, let me tell you, she looked absolutely beautiful. Even if she was in jeans and a t-shirt. I take her hand, and we're sitting in my car. 

I kiss her on the cheek and we're driving to lunch. 

A While Later...

We're sitting at the table, eating and enjoying each other's company when Becca gets a text. She immediatley drops her fork. I knew something was wrong but I had no clue what. She starts to breathe heavily, and I know exactly what's happened. Something having to do with her mom. (AN: If you forgot, her mom has a rare form of cancer. I'm not really scientific with this, so bear with me). 

"Rebecca, what happened?" I ask, just to be sure. She starts mumbling something I can't hear. 

"M-my m-mom is in t-the hosp-pital again-n" she stutters. Tears forming in her eyes. I grab her hand and lead her out of the restaurant. "Stay strong for her, stay strong for her" I repeat in my head. 

Rebecca's POV 

Jason and I were just eating and having a good time when I get a text from my dad. 

Dad: Your mother's in the hospital again, it's bad. 

And I start hyperventilating. 

Once Jason and I are in his car, that's when I start sobbing. He's telling me to breathe and rocking me back and forth like that night on my doorstep, and all I'm thinking is that my mom is going to die. I know it's a negative way of thinking, but when he told me that "It's bad" it's all that came to my mind. I knew life wouldn't stay this good for long, especially for me. 

"Calm down honey...breathe...it's okay, she'll be okay..."  he's repeating over and over, trying to calm me down. 

"D-drive" I choke out through my sobs. 

At the Hospital... 

We're sitting at my mother's bedside. She's asleep and I'm holding onto her hand so tightly I might be cutting off the circulation. Jason has his arm around me protectively. Every once in a while he'll kiss the top of my head. 

We sit in silence for at least 40 minutes, listening closely to the heart monitor (AN: Whatever the thing that beeps is called) when she opens her eyes. 

"Rebecca" she says in barely a whisper. "I love you. You'll always be my baby." She kisses my hand, closes her eyes, and it's one continuous beep. My mom is dead. 

"No. No this isn't happening." I stand up. Jason stands shortly after. He grabs my arm trying to pull my body closer to his. "Baby-" 

But I'm already running. 

 AN: Haha. Gotcha(: 

Thank you so much for reading! The next chapter(s) will be up tomorrow. 

-Sara