Chapter 2

Rebecca's POV 

Next Day...

Ugh, I hate school. I get bullied almost everyday. Useless opinions. Why do they always get the best of me? ...It seems I've forgotten to introduce myself. I'm Rebecca Jamesyn Foster. I go to Fieldridge High School (AN: I'm not sure if that's a real school or not but...) and it's my own, personal hell. To say the least. My mother, Christina (Christy) Foster, was diagnosed with cancer in April. It's really tough. Especially for my dad, Christian. I have a brother named Carson, who's 20, and is currently in college. My 2 (and only) best friends are Meghan Campell and Alexis (Lexi) Thompson. Scratch that. I have 3 best friends. Lexi, Meghan, and Jason. Jason Michael Stock. He's always been there for me, through the best times, and the worst. 

I wish he knew that I liked him. Although he has a girlfriend. Emily. She's blonde, blue eyes, and basically the perfect, rich princess. What a bitch. She's awful to me. Probably because I'm Jason's best friend. But he likes her, so I have to show some respect. 

That Evening... 

I've always loved to sing. Jason and I both. We sing at a local coffee shop/cafe called The Music Note. It's like those coffee shops that you see in movies. There's performers there every night, and we always have big "concerts" on Fridays. Jason and I are favorites there. Not to mention, they have the best coffee ever. We're singing tonight, actually. Although, not together. Of course not. He's bringing Emily. 

I'm dressed in simple denim shorts and a white crop top with the TOMS simbol on it. My shoes? Simple black VANS. It's August here. And in California, that's total beach weather. My super long brown hair is in a fishtail. Perfect for the 90 degree weather. 

Tonight I'm singing Domino by Jessie J. Not the newest song in the world, but it's an upbeat song, just like the crowd here tonight. 

"...take me down, like I'm a domino." I finished. The crowd stands and applauds (exept for Jason and Miss Bitch), and I exit the stage. That. Was. Awesome.

Jason's POV 

Rebecca was amazing up there. As always. As much as I wanted to stand up and clap for her like everyone else, Emily held me back. Emily's my girlfriend. She's great. But she's holding me back, and my feelings for her are gone. You guessed it, I'm head-over-heels in love with Rebecca. 

So tonight I'm singing Somebody's Heartbreak by Hunter Hayes. Rebecca and I are really big fans. I've always wanted to go to a concert with her, but then there's Emily. Holding me back as she always does. I'm thinking of breaking things off with her. 

When I exit the stage, Emily's talking (well yelling, really) at Rebecca. 

"You're such a whore, Rebecca. Stop crawling over my boyfriend." And then pushes her. I can tell Rebecca's fighting back tears. She hears shit like this every day. A beautiful girl like her doesn't deserve any of it. 

I can't believe what I'm hearing. Or seeing. I decide to end her yelling here. 

"WHAT THE HELL, EMILY!" I yell. Louder than I should have. Everyone's staring now, but I don't care. This is the end of this "relationship" between Emily and I. 

"Jason I-" Emily starts. I cut her off right there. "Save it. We're done." I grab Rebecca's hand, and we're out the door and into my car. Leaving Emily without a ride home. Or a boyfriend.

Rebecca's POV 

I'm on my doorstep with Jason. I still can't believe what just went down over there. I'm crying. I don't even know why, I'm just really shaken up. Emily crossed a line. And I think Jason saw it too. 

"Beautiful, are you okay?" Jason asks me. Sympathy evident in his tone. Wait. What did he call me..? 

I nod, speechless. "What-" I start to speak. 

"Shh, it's okay." He whispers, and I'm in his arms. He rocks me back and forth, rubbing soft circles on my back. I don't know what to think right now. 

"Hey." he says softly. 

"Mhmm?" I say in bareley a whisper, his soft, sympathetic actions leaving me breathless. Tears still trickle down my cheeks. Nobody has treated me like this. Ever. 

"I'm sorry." He whispers. Wait what- 

"I'm sorry for what Emily did to you. I can't stand to see you like this." He sighs. Starts again. "I can't bear to see you hurting, it hurts me just as much." Tears forming in his own eyes. He strokes my cheek, wiping away my tears. "You're so beautiful." his actions are soft, smooth, like he's afraid he might break me. "Jason I-" 

And then his lips are on mine. 

 A.N. Haha(: 

This was a long chapter, I had a lot to cover lol. Whale, thanks for reading. <3 

-Sara