Chapter 15 - Am I Lucky or Unlucky?

Start from the beginning

"Simply put, Luciel crashed into the nun's bath and pushed Barbara down and looked at her naked body and then ran away." Varka said seriously as my face morphed into one of dread when I heard him.

"WHAT!!" Jean, Lisa and I shouted simultaneously when we heard him.

Jean and Lisa due to their understandable surprise at the news and me about the fact that he said something like this outright! Who does that!?

The next moment Jean glared at me as she took out her sword as her vision glowed. Lisa also summoned her book catalyst as her vision also came to life. I stepped back from the two of them in fear but Rosaria came to my rescue as she stood in front of me with her spear our and her vision glowing. This caused the two to be surprised as they didn't expect her to intervene like that.

But thankfully Varka stopped them from going too far as he ordered them to stand down. The three did as the Grandmaster told as he then explained the situation to the three women in there. They were surprised when they heard my story and as proof I took out the pamplet containing my commission and showed it to them.

The three looked at it before looking at each other and then at me. Barbara was understandably a bit afraid of me and Jean was standing in front of her protectively. Lisa just narrowed her eyes and frowned before going and sitting on the couch with Rosaria sitting on the handrest.

After that Varka told me to apologise to them and that is why I was standing here like this. Jean and Barbara were looking at me as they looked at each other. Then Barbara took a few breaths and then stood in front of me.

"So, is it true that you didn't do it on purpose and that you're sorry about it?" Barbara asked me nervously.

"Yes I'm really. I didn't even know that a place like that existed in the Church. And I'm truly very sorry about what happened, I just didn't want you to get hurt from the falling debris." I said to her.

Barbara looked at me with a blush on her face. I looked at Jean and she was looking at me seriously with her arms crossed over her chest.

"If- If you are really sorry then I accept your apology. As a nun of the Church of Barbatos I am taught to forgive those who did wrong, especially those who did it by accident." Barbara said to me.

I looked at her with hope filled eyes when I heard that.

"R-Really?" I asked her.

"Y-Yes, also you did save me from the debris so I know you didn't mean it. So I forgive you." Barbara said nervously as she touched her fingertips together as she looked at them.

"T-Thank you Barbara. I'm really sorry about it and I promise to not repeat it." I said to her with another bow.

"I-It's alright, you already apologised so you don't need to do it anymore." Barbara said to me as she waved her arms.

"Okay, still thanks." I thanked her again as I straightened up and smiled at her greatfully.

Barbara blushed when she saw that as she looked down. I looked at Jean and saw her sighing and dropping her hands on her sides which is a relief to me. Then I saw Lisa who now has closed eyes while Rosaria just nodded to me.

"So, I guess the problem is resolved then." Varka said with a smile.

"It looks like it Grandmaster. While I am not pleased with what happened to my li-, I mean, to the deaconess Barbara, since it is not his fault I shall not hold it again him." Jean said to him seriously.

"That's good. All well that ends well then." Varka said with a smile as I sighed in relief that the matter was decided.

"B-But there is still one problem." Barbara said as I looked at her.