16.

Owen

"We need to go to school now, so im sorry but you can't take Grayson with you." I say to Hayden who is holding his stuffed elephant tightly in his arms.

I bought that elephant for him yesterday while we were at the store. He rather would have wanted a turtle one but unfortunately there was none to be found, so the elephant had to do.

I even told him that he still could name it Michelangelo if he wanted to, but he said: "No, Michelangelo is a turtle and this is not a turtle, it's an elephant" and I can't really argue with that.
Instead he named the elephant Grayson because of the obvious reason: It's gray.

I have also ordered a few things off the internet that he could need when he's in little space. Of course I won't force anything on him, but it's just in case.

Hayden sighs and without saying anything he walks over to the couch and puts Grayson on it. Then he comes back and tells me that he is ready to go.

************************************

When I walk into the teacher's lounge, I immediately get greeted by my colleagues.
"Good morning Mr Nelson. Welcome back!" Ms Aldrin says with a big smile.
"Thank you! I'm happy to be back." I say and smile while sitting down on one of the empty chairs with a cup of coffee in my hand.

Hayden

It feels so unreal to be back in school again. After everything that's been happening lately, it just doesn't feel like I belong here anymore. Not that I felt like I belonged here before, but now it doesn't feel right at all.

I'd rather be at home right now, curled up on the couch while watching something fun on nickelodeon with my new stuffed friend Grayson by my side. I know it's weird, I'm an eighteen year old with a stuffed animal. But it's really comforting and I'm really in need of something like that right now.
It would also be nice if Noelle would want to be there too. Mr Nelson could also join if he'd like. I mean, it's his place, so he would already be there anyway.

While walking towards the classroom, I get a snap from Noelle with a picture of the ceiling and a text saying that she won't come to school today because she is sick.
I reply with a picture of my shoes and a text telling her to get well soon.

Then I let out a deep sigh and put my phone back into the pocket.
Well, this sucks...

************************************

During the whole day people have looked at me with sad eyes and been treating me like if I were a delicate flower or something. As if I would break just by a mere touch.
I hate it, because that's not who I really am. But I guess that's the way people see me right now and there's not much to do about it. I'll just have to get better and get my old self back as soon as possible.

I'm now sitting on a bench outside of the classroom where the extra lessons is being held and waiting for Mr Nelson to finish helping a student with her assignment, so that he can take me home.

While waiting, I'm on my phone; chatting with my friends and scrolling on Instagram when suddenly a young man walks up to me. He has got  freckles on his face and looks to be in his early twenties.
"Hey um... I'm looking for Owen Nelson. Do you know where I can find him?"