XVII

"Lisa! Wake up!"

If there's another thing that Lisa hates, it's to be waken up abruptly. If it's not the earth ending or Candice Swanepoel and Doutzen Kroes asking for a threesome, don't bother waking her up because she will be a bitch and she will not apologize for it.

She's being eluded by sleep for a week now- two weeks since Jennie stopped talking to her and Roseanne started ignoring her. It's not that she miss their company, she's trained to lose people and the hurt will eventually go away. She's been busy looking for another university to transfer where she can get another scholarship. There's nothing new.
Jennie will always have Taehyung because they are thick as thieves but Roseanne.. there's something about the look that Roseanne gave Lisa that bothers her. It feels like there's a gap that she'd overlooked.

She slowly opened her eyes, ready to curse the person who dared to wake her up just to see Mina, a classmate that she knows by name but never talks to with her face in worry.

"What?!"

Mina swallowed, Lisa is readying her self to be yelled at but to her surprise Mina looked down.
"There's a fight happening at the parking lot."
"I'm sorry.."

Lisa felt humiliated but she's wondering why a fight would bother her unless..

"It's Jennie and Ros-"

Lisa didn't wait for Mina to finish. She ran out of the classroom leaving her things behind. She even forgot to bring her phone.

When she arrived at the parking lot, there is a crowd encircling the area in which she assume the said fight is happening.
Lisa can hear Jennie's voice in a pitch that she uses whenever she is under stress. She looked around to see if Taehyung is nearby just in case Jennie needs help. Unfortunately his tall frame is missing from the crowd.
As she gets near, she can Jennie's voice becomes clearer.

"You have the audacity to come near and talk to my boyfriend!"
"You already have Lisa. What? Are you going to take everyone from me? You can have Lisa but not Jongin!" Jennie said.

Lisa halted. She can't believe Jennie would say that. That was hurtful.. and mean. Does she know the real Jennie? Does Jennie look at Lisa like a toy? That when someone new and shiny comes, she'll be set aside and not looked at again.

The intention to get in between the fight immediately disappeared. Lisa slowly walked backwards with her mind racing. The school applications that she's been hesitating to send now has a clear reason.

To her surprise, Roseanne responded.
"YOU BITCH!"
"I was just looking after you!"

"I don't need you to look after me! I CAN LOOK AFTER MYSELF!" Jennie yells back.

Lisa decided to move forward. When she is near enough, she was able to see Jennie standing in front of Roseanne who's back is leaning against the door of her car. She looks calm with her arms crossed on her chest. Jongin is behind Jennie who is pulling the woman's right arm while the woman repeatedly removes the guy's grasp. Jongin looks scared. He is giving Roseanne a pleading look.

Roseanne ignored the guy. The crowd around them is not moving as if they are waiting for a juicy gossip.
She looked at Jennie with a smirk.

"You misunderstood me. I am not looking after you for you. I don't give a damn about you but Lisa cares about you and I care about her. So be a good girl and stay away from that guy."

Lisa's eyes widened when Jennie suddenly slaps Roseanne's face. She immediately went in front of Roseanne, shielding the woman from further assault.
Jennie looked at her like she was the one that was slapped. Lisa can see the hurt on Jennie's face but she's heard enough.

"You will not hurt Roseanne and you will stay away from me from now on Jennie." Lisa said as her eyes started to water. "Roseanne can have me, right?"
"And you." She said as she face Roseanne. "I heard you and you will tell me what this guy did for you to act this way."

"Lili.."

Lisa tried to wipe the tears from her eyes. She doesn't want people to see her crying.

Roseanne drags her to the direction of their classroom, ignoring Jennie's calls. They pass by Irene who Lisa realized was also part of the crowd. She looks like she was about to say something but Lisa just nodded.

When Roseanne stopped, Lisa almost bumped into her back.

"I am not ready to talk about it, Lisa."

Lisa breathes. "Okay."

"Okay."

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay."
Roseanne started walking again. She looks over her shoulder and looked at Lisa before talking again.

"Happy birthday, Lali."