XV

The weather is gloomy, sending a feeling of anxiety to Irene who's making her way to a secluded coffee shop coincidentally near from the ramen house that used to be Aunt Taeyeon's and Aunt Tiffany's. She looked at the old and dilapidated house, memories from her childhood and her late night hangouts with Lisa flooded her. She lost a lot these past 10 years. Losing Lisa was just the beginning. Then she lost her mom- she didn't expect that but her mom was never present in her life. Her mom's death brought chaos to her then polished future.

She was wrecked after finding what happened with Lisa a month after she kicked her out. Another thing that destroyed her was losing the two women who she loved like they were her own moms. Taeyeon and Tiffany were her sanctuary when she was growing up. They became her rock when she sought out to find Lisa and helped through their own little way.

The memory of the night when she lost them is still clear like they happened yesterday. The result of the investigation said they were killed by burglars who tried to robbed their store late at night. The women were found dead beside each other, both tied and beaten up. It was too late when Irene found out about their deaths. She just came home from Japan and immediately went to the hospital hoping that the two were safe but when she was directed to go to the morgue, she broke down.

She was alone when she mourned for the two. She made sure that they were laid to rest beside each other like they always wanted.

The wind blew as she decided to leave the old house. She keep on forgetting that it's already hers. Taeyeon and Tiffany decided to leave their house to her and she hasn't been inside for years, what's worse is seeing what's inside- where Irene used to have her better days.

Her phone started ringing but she ignored it. She knows it's Seulgi looking for her when she didn't show up to work. She asked Yeri to cancel all of her appointments today.

She went on to go to the coffee shop she never knew existed - Lia's.

The outside doesn't even indicate that there's a coffee shop inside except for the small mark above the doorknob with a coffee mug burned on the wood.

The smell of coffee wafted in the air and it made Irene scrunch her nose. She never liked it even if Lisa used to drink coffee at least thrice a day. The coffee maker in her home was just a decoration. She bought it for the sole purpose of persuading Lisa to have coffee when she comes back.
But she already had 5 of them and they were never used. She doesn't even know how to use a coffeemaker.

There are no customers inside. The woman who's behind the counter didn't even greet her when she went inside. Maybe the shop is just a front for money laundering. Irene thought.

She was about to ask the woman when the door opened again. She looked around and sees Roseanne wearing all black. Her blonde hair is still long but her features are now different. Her face looks sharper, there's a small scar on her left eyebrow.

This Roseanne looks like someone who went through hell. There are dark marks under her eyes but the intensity of her gaze is still the same. Scrutinizing.

Roseanne only looked at one person with reverence.
That's Lisa. She didn't give a shit about everyone. Irene wondered if the woman is still the same. The hate generated through the cat fights they had for three years was enough to power an entire city. It doesn't really help that Taehyung favored Roseanne over Irene.

"I see something in you that's not worthy of Lisa."

Taehyung has always been right. Irene always hoped that her brother was wrong. That loving Lisa was enough.. enough to forget everything that she had long decided to do with her life.

Irene looked at Roseanne intently too. Her gaze flickered at the woman's left hand, trying to see something.

"Not married, Irene." Roseanne said. No hi's and hello's.

Roseanne remained standing by the door, looking like she doesn't have any intention to sit down.

"I-"

"Three conditions Irene. For something that you want the most." Roseanne said, not removing her gaze from Irene.
The space around them is huge but it's suffocating.

"What do you mean?"

"I have three conditions for you. If you are hoping to see Lisa through me, I am afraid you are mistaken. Lisa doesn't need to see you."

Irene sighed. When will it become easy with Roseanne?

"Lisa is the one I want the most." Irene replied.

Roseanne chuckled. It's always this way.. Roseanne showing Irene that she know a lot of things. That she knows better.

"M Industries." Roseanne replied.

Irene stiffened. No one knows aside from the board that they have been trying to collaborate with the elusive company for so long. That her Dad has his eyes set on the company when it emerged 8 years ago.

"Three conditions lrene..
I will have Jisoo sign the contract in a whim."
"Think about it." Roseanne said in finality before leaving Irene.