III

It's been a couple of hours since Chou Tzuyu left but Irene is still stuck on her office chair looking at the papers laid in front of her. She told Yeri not to disturb her for the rest of the day.

It's true. She can see Lisa's sloppy handwriting and her signature on top of her name. Reason for filing the divorce? Irreconcilable differences. The words are glaring at her. She knew that they were different since the day she met the skinny kid ages ago. They were different but there's one day that Irene decided that it doesn't matter. That's the day she said yes to the woman who doesn't know that Irene knows chased her for years.

What changed? Plenty.

The door to Irene's office suddenly opened revealing a Seulgi who is whistling. Irene doesn't trust people who whistles but she doesn't have the heart to tell Seulgi. Maybe in another time. She needs her bestfriend now.

"Who died?" Seulgi asked. "I just want to ask you to go to lunch but you look like someone who wants to join a vigil." She jokes. When she sees that Irene's expression didn't change, she immediately approached the woman. Now that she's just a few feet front of Irene, she can see the undone buttons of her suit and the messy hair. She looks far from the woman who yelled inside the boardroom a couple of hours ago. Her fists are clenched on the top of the table.

"What happened?" Seulgi asked.

Irene unclenched her right hand and pointed at the papers in front of her. Seulgi immediately went beside her and looked at the documents with a frown.
"Fuck." That was her initial reaction. She looks at Irene who is still frowning. "What's the problem? Sign it." She said mindlessly.

"No." Irene replied. Seulgi continues reading the documents, finding the words that she knows Irene would be most concern of.

"Why not? She's not asking for half of everything that you own. That's what you're most scared of when you confirmed that the wedding was real, right?" Seulgi replied. "You were so afraid that the poor orphan you accepted was just after your money. Looks like she doesn't need your money after all. She's been gone for years and then comes back with divorce papers. Sign it. Easy."

Irene banged her hands on the table.
"S-she's not like that."

"What do you mean? She exhausted the extension of your credit card when she left, right?" Seulgi replied. "If that's not downright stealing, I don't have other words."

Irene then pulls a folded paper and handed it to Seulgi.

Seulgi unfolded the paper and found a check inside with Irene's name.
"1 billion won?!" Seulgi reacted when she sees the amount written on the check. She held up the check that can be withdrawn anytime in any KB Kookmin branch. "She took 13 million and then comes back with a billion?!" Seulgi then notices that there's a note on the paper that reads.

'Paying what I owe you with interest. If you think it's not enough, call my lawyer.'

'PS. SIGN THE PAPERS. ASAP.'