Overthinking

Zoro's P.O.V

"Love cook is so funny." I thought to myself.

It had been a few minutes since we took a shower together. Not as long as you would probably think, let's just say five to ten minutes. We were both in our own room drying off and putting on something comfy before heading to bed in Sanji's room.

I was stuck in my train of thoughts as I scavenged through my clothes trying to find something good yet comfortable to wear. Even though this isn't our last night sleeping together, who knows how we would be able to sleep together again without getting caught. I wanted to make the best of tonight, make him feel as comfortable as possible, so that he doesn't experience those nightmares again.

Still thinking back on it, he had a really rough childhood. I understand his dislike for men and respect for women. Though every now and then, I can't help but think, is he dating me because he truly loves me...Or is this a coping mechanism. I don't understand how he could have suddenly had feelings for me in the span of two days or did he like me before but didn't confirm his feelings till now.

"I'm overthinking again. Must be because I dreamt of her last night." I scratched my head.

I put on a blue lightly weighted hoodie and black shorts. If I dreamt about Kuina instead of Sanji, that must mean that I finally found the right person I could spend my life with...right?

I smiled and walked out of my room, heading towards Sanji's door. Overthinking can be both a good and bad thing. I shouldn't ask myself if he truly loves me, since I don't know the answer. Rather, I should ask the guy who's in question, straight up.

I knocked on his door and he opened it.

"Hey Marimo," Sanji said.

He was wearing a plain red shirt and black shorts.

"Come in-" Sanji was about to say, but as per usual, I cut him off before he could finish his sentence.

"You truly love me, right?" I asked.

He seemed shocked at the question, an understandable expression.

"Of course I do! Why? What's wrong?" Sanji placed one of his hands on his chest.

He clearly sounded panicky. I should lower the intensity of the conversation.

"No worries, haha. I just thought you only started liking me after everyone went to explore the island. I can tell that you have a dislike for men because of past occurrences." I looked at him and smiled.

"T-That is true but I already liked you a while back. I was just in denial." He looked straight into my eyes.

"Alright, sorry for worrying you. Let's head to bed." I grabbed his arm and walked into his room.

He laid on the bed and I laid on top of him, resting my head on his chest and wrapping my arms around him. I could hear his heartbeat and feel his slow but calm breathing

"Zoro, you're very clingy." Sanji whispered

"Mhm, I know." I said, closing my eyes. "Shh, lets get some rest. The crews coming back tomorrow, so we'll probably be very busy."

"Yeah." Sanji replied, he slowly stroked my hair. "I think we should tell them that were dating when they arrive back tomorrow"

"You sure? Are you ready to tell them about us?" I asked.

"Kinda, it's more like a grief that I don't want hanging on my chest. I want it to be gone as soon as possible, and if they don't support us then that's fine." Sanji said.