°✦『Control Devil』✦° Arc: 4

Start from the beginning

She was too weak right now to do anything, Makima was a very strong foe and Frost had much to lose. "Promise me you won't overexert yourself!"  Yoshida's words rang in her mind as she forced herself to calm down.

'That's right, for now... I need not think about Makima... Aki and Denji... Power and Yoshida... I need to have them all taken to safety...' 

She thought to herself and slapped Makima's hand aside, "I'm not your property." Frost said and stood up, giving Quanxi a last glance, and walking past Makima, "I'm going back home, and you owe me a few answers." Frost said and walked away, towards the mall, trying to find Aki and Power. Makima chuckled behind her, "Of course." She said and soon left.

══════════

She limped down the hall of the broken mall, looking for Aki and Power. Through the corpses she saw, she just hoped not to recognize any. She hoped nobody she knew was dead, but to her dismay, she did see any of those. The familiar childish and cheerful fiend who would always greet her as she she were some royalty, lay down lifeless on the floor, cut to pieces. 

"Beam! No..." She gathered her strength to run towards him, but he'd never respond. She gave him a final hug and continued her search, mindlessly looking for someone alive─ no, she wanted that familiar hug she'd always craved, from those she loved. She wanted someone to comfort her when she suddenly heard footsteps, that sounded in a hurry. Running towards her she heard Yoshida, "Y/n! Stop!" He said as she turned towards him. 

The sight of him was so reassuring and relaxing that she instantly lowered her guard, letting out a tired smile. As she spread out her hands, as if inviting him to hug her. 

"..Y/n!" 

He shouted and ran towards her, holding her as she almost fell. Fainting to the ground, she breathed heavily. Tired and vulnerable. Yoshida carefully picked her up as she held onto his shirt, "A-aki... Denji... and... Power?" 

"They're alright, Kishibe had them taken to safety."

"...you?"

"I'm without a scratch, as you can see..."

"...That's... most reassuring..."

She said and closed her eyes, giving in to her body's urge for rest. Yoshida sighed and proceeded to walk outside, towards Kishibe who stood in front of Quanxi's corpse, with a blindfold on. "Captain Kishibe... won't you take off your blindfold?" Yosida asked.

"I don't wanna see a thing." Kishibe said, then turned his head towards Yoshida who held Frost in his arms. "Where are you taking her? I'll take her to safety."

"There's no need, I'll treat her to full recovery under my care... you devil hunters only ever knew how to use her." And with those words, Yoshida took Frost back with him. Somewhere she could be at ease.

═════ Days later ════

A DREAM, A MEMORY

"A devil born from the very essence of unconditional love... She's beautiful... isn't she? Our little angel?"

The woman caressed you, hugging you closer to herself. Her arms were gentle but weak as she held you. Supporting those weak arms were the strong arms of  your father, the former Frost devil.