✨X.✨

NSFW AHEAD

Later that night, Armin was on dinner duty while Jean and Mikasa were on cleaning duty. You and Connie were currently cuddled together on the couch watching TikToks on his phone while Sasha "helped" Armin cook, which was more so her following behind him tasting everything he made.

You were trying to focus on the videos Connie was showing you, because something felt off in the atmosphere. You had tried speaking to Mikasa a couple of times, but she was giving you one word responses or ignoring you entirely. A few times you had looked up and caught her glaring as well. You weren't sure what her problem was, but decided that you would bring it up later that night when you had a chance to bring it up in private.

"Jean boy you have to come watch this one." Connie called, bringing Jean's attention over to the couch. Sitting beside you on the couch, he leaned across to get a better view of the video, his strong arms pressing into yours. "Jean save some room for Jesus would you?" you said earning a scowl from him in response."I have to lean in close, it's the only way I can see over your giant head."

"Woah, woah if anyone here has a giant head, it's me!" Connie yelled causing Jean to let out a breathy laugh. Surprised by his response you turned to look at him, making eye contact in the close proximity.

You and Jean had slowly started to go back to being comfortable around each other. After your talk with Eren, you started to throw banter back and Jean again, except this time without the actual anger behind it. He caught on and started doing it in return. Now it finally felt like the two of you were in a really good place.

The moment was broken when Mikasa came over sitting herself on Jean's lap and wrapping an arm around his shoulder "What's so funny what did I miss?" Her smile didn't quite reach her cheeks as she looked at Jean refusing to make eye contact with you.

"Uh, Mikasa you better back off Jean or you're gonna get him all excited. This is like Jeanie's dream come true!" Connie cackled. Jean cleared his through as he began to stand, ushering Mikasa off of him, and he left the room without saying another word going into the bedroom and shutting the door.

Mikasa shot a glare in your direction, rolled her eyes and walked out of the RV. What the hell was going on? Jean and Mikasa? Mikasa and Jean? Had you been completely wrong when you told Eren that you thought Mikasa was in love with him? No chance, she was attached to Eren at the hip. You could see it in her eyes that she loved him, so what was happening?

Mikasa and Jean? You didn't care, so why was your chest tight and your eyes hot?

Snapping out of your thoughts, you got up and followed Mikasa outside. "Mikasa what's going on? Are you into Jean?" you asked, taking the steps two at a time out to catch up to her.

"What does it matter, Y/n? You obviously already have your sights set on someone else!" she whipped back.
"Mikasa what the hell are you talking about?"

"Don't play dumb, Y/n. I saw you and Eren outside yesterday. The way he was looking at you, he's never looked at me like that before. When he was talking to you, he looked at you like what you were saying was the most important thing in the world." Her eyes were cast downward, concentrating on the way her fingers picked at the hem of her skirt to avoid showing you the hurt in her eyes.

"I just. I-" a sobbed ripped through her. "My whole life I've spent chasing after him. Everything revolves around him. I know I'm smart and I'm strong, but when it comes to him it's like all of that goes right out the window. I turn into this fragile little girl that hangs on every word that comes out of his mouth." She looked up at you connecting her gaze with yours

"But it turns out those words I was hanging on were never for me to begin with." A smile stretched on your face, the corners of it reaching up to meet your eyes. Confusion, and then anger coated her expression "I thought we were friends Y/n! Here I am pouring my heart out about this and you think it's funny? I thought-"