Why Would You Want To Spend Valentine's Day Alone? Why Not With Someone Special?

Start from the beginning

Mio: "Mmmmm!" *She sighs* "Man. I shouldn't have slept on my back."

Careful to cover herself, she gets up.

Mio: "Alright then, let's get dressed."

She shines brightly despite having protested waking up only seconds ago.

Y/N: Morning people.

Mio: "You can get dressed in the bathroom."

Y/N: "Right."

Getting dressed, he checks his phone.

Phone: 'Friday, February 12.'

Y/N: Tomorrow. I have to get her a gift by tomorrow!

He panics knowing that he has only a day to buy her the perfect gift. Mio does the same in the bedroom. You see, they've both been carefully studying each other all week. They don't want to disappoint the other with a lackluster. Ordinarily, they'd have asked each other what they wanted and got that. But this year they wanted to add some excitement with surprise gifts. They'd exchanged valentine's gifts since first grade. Usually a box of assorted chocolates in elementary, homemade cookies in middle school, then homemade chocolate in high school. But part of the excitement was staying up the night before wondering what the other's preferences might be. Would they be in the mood for white chocolate? Did they get the same box last year? What should they write on the note? It all combined into a feeling of relief and joy when the other loved their gift.

Y/n: I've got nothing... Is what I would say if I was a bad boyfriend! If everything works out, the first gift will be ready by tomorrow morning. Though, I should check the status right now.

Checking his phone, he goes to the shop's website.

Item Status: 'Sold out!'

Y/N: Good thing I ordered my gift in advance.

He scrolls over to his order.

Page: 'Order 25. Will be ready by 6:00 tomorrow.'

Y/N: Perfect! It's early for the weekend, but it gives me a reasonable amount of time to wrap it.

From across the hall, Mio exclaims to Y/N.

Mio: "I'm ready!"

Y/n: "Hai!"

He quickly gets dressed before leaving the bathroom. Grabbing their school bags, they leave for school together. On the way, they're joined by Fubuki and Damo.

Fubuki: "As lively as ever."

Y/N: "Of course! We're the loveist-doviest couple around!"

Fubuki: "Oh?"

She gets VERY close to Y/N.

Fubuki: "Why not prove it?"

Mio: "H-Hm?"

Fubuki: "Kiss." I'm not asking.

Y/N: "EH?!"

Fubuki: *She smiles* "You're so deeply in love that you wouldn't mind doing it right now, right?"

Mio: "N-No way!"

Y/n: "Not in front of everyone!"

Fubuki: "Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm? But Itsuka-san and Tobiichi-chan kiss all the time in public."

Damo: "That's true, isn't it? Just the other day I caught the two in quite the situation." *He nods* "Yes, it was quite bold."

Y/N: "We have decency!"

The air cools down dramatically. Y/N feels a sharp, but cold, prick at his spine. His eyes widen in fear. Something heard his comment clearly.

Tobiichi: "What's the matter? Life flashing before your eyes?"