⚝ 𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚖𝚊'𝚜 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚍 ⚝

Point Place, Wisconsin

Grandma's dead

It was a Sunday night, and The Wicked Witch of Wisconsin, Aka Bernice, was over at the Forman's house all day for church and dinner.

Sofia: "God, kill me now."

Sofia mumbled under her breath.

Bernice: "Hmm? What did you say, child?"

Bernice questioned curiously, causing the girl to chuckle awkwardly before quickly turning away without an answer.

Sofia mostly stayed away from Bernice just to avoid any criticism or questions about her life. She stuck around the kitchen helping her mother with the cooking and washing the dishes, to take some stress off her mother.

She was also walking on eggshells around Bernice, Sofia knew the great effect Bernice's words had on her mother.

When it came around time to say goodbye, everyone was practically racing against time to get Bernice out of the house.

Red rushed to open the car door for her while Kitty ran out to hand her some leftovers.

Kitty: "Here, Bernice. Sofia and I packed you a plate of leftovers for when you get back home."

Bernice gave Kitty a sugary smile that was obviously faked.

Bernice: "Thank you. Oh, that reminds me, Red, my garbage disposal is still broken."

Kitty: "Well, just as long as you enjoy it."

Kitty said, handing her the Tupperware.

Eric: "Listen, I've got an idea. Let's eat out next Sunday. That way everybody can get something they like."

Sofia stood next to her brother on the other side of the car, with a glare on her face towards him.

Sofia: "Yeah, that sounds like a great idea but how about we all save some money and let Eric cook for once in his entire pathetic life?!"

Sofia hissed at Eric.

Eric's eyes widen at the thought of him in the kitchen, surely they all die from food poisoning or a house fire.

Eric: "Okay, grandma, time to get you home! Come on, Sofia, let's get this over with."

Eric said, getting into the driver's seat quickly. Sofia climbed into the front seat in her attempt of avoiding her grandma.

Red: "Eric, you gotta warm that car up for at least ten minutes!"

Red eagerly suggested.

Bernice: "Oh, Eric's a good boy."

Bernice said with a smile that actually looked genuine.

Sofia skeptically lours her eyebrows.

Bernice: "It's just a shame he doesn't have a better home life."

'Ahhh, There's the punch line' Sofia thought.

Bernice: "You know, Kitty, when I was raising children the right way—"

Kitty then interrupted her by closing the car door stopping her mid-sentence.

Eric started the car up and pulled out of the driveway, leaving Red and Kitty alone, rejoicing in her finally leaving. Sofia was immediately jealous of her parents, truly wishing that someone would kill her right now.

✿ ✿ ✿

The car ride was mostly silent. At one point, Eric turned on the radio to play some music but Bernice immediately spoke up.