A Strife Before Fest

Start from the beginning

"Baah! Baah" Kaka clapped sarcastically "What a pair!! Bouma Where you should be trying to solve the numerics of your marital life equation, you are more concerned of these bookish problems!! What an irony of my destiny Dugga ma!! Nothing is to happen by these two"

"Yes, it will not happen" I replied loudly getting furious now " Kaka, Bondita is doing what is necessary for her future, these numerical equations are the stepping stones to define her future ahead, the equation which you want her to focus on is not possible for both of us. You better get it clear now, ok!!

"Alright, great then!!" Kaka came nearer facing me with shooting eyes "I know why you are going to kolkata! I wish you finish it off fast and Bouma (turning to Bondita) I heard you were quite late to return from biddaloye yesterday. Don't be late today. Come early and pack your bags for Devipur. And Anirudh I hope you have taken long leave approval from bouma's school management? So once you are back tomorrow by evening, leave for Devipur at once. I might not be here tomorrow as well for I might have to go for seeing a plot. Hence, I wish you a happy and safe journey right away. And bouma freshen up, no need to sleep more"

Declaring his decision haughtily kaka turned back and left gripping the club of stick tightly.

"Mishti" I called her swallowing down pain by my throat, as she turned to leave for her room.

Bondita - Ha bor babu?

"Best of luck for your test Mishti" I spoke up gathering myself "dekho Mishti, please do not think too much over what kaka said"

Bondita (frowning) - Ha I know, I never think too much over what he says. It's not the first time he scolded us right? And not the last as well. It's a regular practice of all elders. We both are used to him. Thik ki na Pati babu!

"Yes....I mean No" I fumbled "Actually Mishti, I am going to Kolkata for a crucial work. Look Bondita, once I return from there and we go for Devipur, I promise we shall enjoy a lot over there....ok! But.....uuummm"

"Boumaaaaa.....Ei boumaaaaa" Kaka called from outside interrupting "Boumaaaaa amar cha ta diye jao (bring my tea)"

Bondita - Aschi Bor babu. We shall talk about it later. Shall I get you a cup of Kawpi now?

"Mishti.....Its coffee not Kawpi" I sighed getting a little angry "Mishti you are 14 now, in class eighth, you are good at english language and still you spell it incorrectly!! Why??"

Bondita (scowling) - Na Bor babu.....for me it will remain Kawpi whenever I prepare it for you.

"Mish....mishti" I tried calling her as she turned back and ran out of my room quickly.

At breakfast table

Bondita's POV

"Ei boudi" Batuk poked me as I finally finished serving the break fast on my kaka soshur and soshur moshai's plate, taking my seat beside him.

"What? Batuk" I frowned taking a bit of food.

Batuk (with a mischievous smile) - I heard you slept at dada's room yesterday?

"Ha toh! I had a nightmare so I went, not to disturb pati babu's sleep" I replied frowning suspecting he would blame me for keeping his dada awake all night a night before he begins his tedious Kolkata journey.

Batuk (mischievously) - So how did you both spent time together?

"How means?" I gaped at his weird expressions, wondering what is so special about me staying in his room yesterday night that put my kaka shoshur and brother-in-law on their toes!! "Batuk!! Why are you smiling so sheepishly? Haven't you ever seen us studying in my room or what?