A Strife Before Fest

Anirudh's POV

Watching Bondita's calm sleeping figure resting on my shoulder emitted a relaxing sense of mystic vibe around me, putting a halt to my stressful thoughts regarding the future course of events to follow this week shortly.

"Anirudhhhhhh......Eyi Anirudhhhh" Kaka's voice broke my trance running a sharp stream of abnormal fear in my heart.

"Ki...ki holo? (What happened)" Bondita asserted lifting up her head as her sleep broke and I hurriedly got up from my bed to stand anxiously on the floor.

Trilochan RC (yawning and rubbing eyes) - Are you fine? Or did you get up.....

Bondita (covering up her head, getting up from bed) - Kakasoshur moshai....actually

"Bouma!! You here? At this hour of the morning?" Trilochan RC shrieked out of absolute surprise.

"Kaka" I stumbled gathering right words "kaka, actually Bondita had a nightmare yesterday night. So she..."

Trilochan RC (interrupting while grinning) - Oh achha thik ache bujhechi (ok! I understood) So bouma had a bad dream and came here to sleep with her bor babu! Great (murmuring to himself) Hope Bouma gets such nightmares every night. I'll have my grandson by next year on my lap.

"Kaka!" I intervened his thoughts suspiciously "kaka! What are you mumbling to yourself?"

Trilochan RC (jittery smile) - O kichu na it's good to see you both here together. But, Anirudh why are you both sleeping with lights switched on? Is it not uncomfortable and....1 min... 1 min why are these books on your bed?

"Exactly kaka" I replied halting up his unnecessary cooking "that's what we were doing the entire night. We were revising her mathematics syllabus. Bondita is having a periodical test today."

Bondita (pulling up her ears, turning) - Sorry pati babu! I didn't even know when I fell asleep. Did you check all my sums?

"Dhatt!!" Trilochan RC slapped his forehead out of disappointment, speaking to himself "Hopeless people, it's better Anirudh drops Bouma to hostel at the earliest, but atleast they spent a night together I am happy. Who knows if Dugga ma lifts up her face and puts a little brain into my foolish nephew's head!"

"Kaka!!" I spoke up "Why are you continuously talking to yourself standing here? Please go to your room and sleep.....I have to meet an important client in kolkata and a little packing to do before I leave for the capital today"

Trilochan RC (joining his palms, sarcastically) - Jacchi!! Jachhi!! (Yes I am leaving) but not to sleep, I am always an early riser as I have to perform Surya Namaskara. And I'll better talk to Binoy for Som's marriage. That boy shall not disappoint me.

"I am sorry kaka" I intervened again smirking mischievously "But he too will disappoint you now. He is preparing for his medical entrance, you might have to wait a bit longer"

This is the reason" Kaka screeched getting agitated more at me "I urged binoy not to take our eldest kuldipak abroad for studying law but nope like father like son, this Binoy is busy appeasing the British for business, and his educator son busy teaching maths to his wife the whole night"

"Kaka Soshurmoshai" Bondita barged into my defence with lowered head in a timid voice, picking up her books "Please do not scold pati babu, these numerical equations are a little boring to solve, so I didn't even realize when sleep overpowered me, Otherwise he is a great teacher, whatever he explains I understand easily, calm down kaka please"