She was most nervous about her mother’s reaction to the setup. It was not a traditional ceremony but a way for her mother to enjoy the wedding themed party.

“I have a surprise for you tonight,” he said, almost in an attempt to distract her.

“Stop. It’s not helping.”

“I’m serious. We are leaving on a trip tonight,” he whispered, his breath hot in her ear.

She turned to look into his eyes.

“You are kidding.”

“We leave from here, right after your parent’s party.”

She smiled.

“Really?”

“Yes, now enjoy your favourite event.”

She leaned her back into him as she turned away to face the guests.

“My favourite event is our wedding.”

Akshara was thrilled to be blessed with the beautiful wedding she had wished for, and it was in her most favourite place, Abhimanyu’s’ family ancestral home with family and friends.

Her next favourite was her older brother Kairav when he married his high school sweetheart. It was Nayan’s turn and she was thrilled her little brother shared his intensions to propose to a woman he had met on a vacation very soon.

“You wanna get married again?” He chuckled.

“Sure, anytime.” She smiled up at him, fighting the need to kiss him.

“Good. We sneak out right after this wedding and go get married.”

He laughed.

“Don’t be silly. We are not leaving without our baby.”

She looked away from him to look at their three-year-old daughter who had the entire family wrapped around her little finger. Everyone adored and spoiled her.

“She doesn’t care for us as long as she has her grandma around.”

Abhimanyu chuckled making Akshara smile, watching their daughter sit with Abhimanyu’s mom. The two were inseparable, and Akshara thanked the heavens for the blessings their child had in the form of family.

“Akshara, they have arrived, and we got them separated to enter from two different sides.”

Aarohi’s words made her even more nervous, but a new excitement started, and she could not wait to see her parents’ delight. Aarohi who had wanted to volunteer with the Janatha Seva party ended up working for her Akshara’s father.

“You got this, sweetheart. They will love it.” Abhimanyu’s words gave her the assurance she needed in that moment.