CH21 YES YES YES...!!!

Akshara moaned when she felt tender kisses on her bare shoulder as the man who stole her heart brought her out of her slumber.

“Good morning.”

“Good morning,” she said, turning to face him.

His eyes fell on the bright red telling mark on her neck, and he ran his thumb over it.

“Sorry, I hurt you. I got carried away.”

She smiled, taking his thumb between her teeth and biting down gently. She saw how his eyes clouded and said, “I liked it.”

He kissed her on her lips before sliding his hand over the length of her neck.

“We have to go. We have a few hours of drive.”

“Why are you being so secretive?” She hugged him.

“You’ll see why.”

“Okay. I will need thirty minutes, and I will be ready to go.” She pulled her robe around her as she got out of bed.

“Does that include a shower with me.” He pulled her back on to the bed.

“No.” She laughed and added, “Then I would need more than thirty minutes, don’t you think?”

He kissed the top of her head. “I need every minute of my life to be with you.”

His words sent a warning wave through her, and she buried her face into his chest, unable to silence the worry that would not quit.

“Akshara, what are you not telling me?”

She let out a sob and decided it was time to share everything with him, even her worst thoughts.

“I’m scared, Abhimanyu.”

“Why, love?”

“What if something happens, and I can’t be without you?”

“What are you talking about?”

She took a deep breath. “The last time I trusted someone to be a life partner, I was left heartbroken because I was a nobody, and that fact has not changed even now and—”

He silenced her with a kiss swallowing her sob and with it her doubts. He pulled back to look at her, her face cradled in his hands as he wiped away the moisture on her cheeks.

“Akshara, I fell for the woman in front of me, for the person she is, the caring heart, and that brain of yours that blows my mind. I love you for who you are and not what your parents or others have done.”

“What if we never find out who I really am?”

“It doesn’t matter. I only care about the woman who rules my heart.

What she wants and her happiness will be of my utmost importance.”

“What if—”

“My family?” he prompted.

She nodded.

“They may be okay with me being an acquaintance but not someone you are with, what if they say we…”

She couldn’t even get herself to finish the thought.

“Sweetheart, don’t worry.”

Akshara pulled back to look at him.

“Promise me that you will choose family if you have to choose between me and your people.”

“Everything that’s yours is mine, and all of me is yours. Ours!!” His voice was soft yet stern.