CH24 ALL I NEED IS ABHIMANYU!!

The next morning, Akshara spent almost an hour convincing Abhimanyu to finish his work in Malaysia, so he didn’t have to go back again. She was glad he agreed, although she would have wanted to curl up in his arms and enjoy his warmth and comfort.

She had all night to think over the new piece of information about her identity and realized it was likely her biological father didn’t know she existed. If the woman who was her mother never told him, he would never know. If he didn’t know, it was best to keep it buried, especially when he was trying to do something good for the people.

Whatever the case, she decided to move on with her life like the information would not change anything for her.

Absolutely nothing.

She was in the middle of reviewing the party plan for the weekend long anniversary celebration for the man in the upcoming weeks while trying really hard not to think of him as her father.

She smiled when she heard her phone ring and saw it was Abhimanyu.

“Mr Birla, why aren’t you working and letting me work?”

“Because I can’t stop thinking of you.”

“Very sweet, but I have an anniversary party to plan.”

“You are such a workaholic,” he teased.

“I hope you said that while looking in the mirror.” She chuckled.

“I can’t wait to see you—”

Akshara interjected when she saw Nayan talking to her assistant outside her office.

“Abhimanyu, I got to go.”

“No, wait.” He laughed.

“I’m sorry baby… I have to…” She looked up as Nayan opened the door loudly and stepped into her office.

“Hi, Nayan, what a pleasant surprise. I wasn’t expecting you.”

She tried to forget that the man standing in front of her was her half-brother.

“Is that so, Akshara? You weren’t very pleasant in the letter you sent to the party office.”

Akshara was confused.

“I’m sorry. I don’t understand. Are you here to talk about the plan for the anniversary party?”

“Will you stop pretending? It is fucking annoying. Just get to the point.”

Akshara looked at him and said in a firm tone, “I am not sure what you are talking about.”

“Fine. Your contract for the anniversary party is cancelled. And I am in the process of getting your business license cancelled as well.”

“What?” She was taken aback.

“Who do you think you are messing with? If you think you can extort money with a fake DNA test, you are the stupidest woman on the face of this earth.”