CH8 THE SECRET "DATE"

“Where are you going?” Aarohi asked, sounding suspicious.

Akshara picked up her tote with an extra pair of clothes to change into for the dance practice with Abhimanyu that evening and said, “I’m heading to a meeting and then to the gym.”

“What meeting? It’s Friday night, and we were all supposed to go out for drinks and play poker at Jai’s house.” Aarohi raised a curious eyebrow.

“I am meeting a caterer who seems to have a good platter option. I don’t want to miss out on a good option.” She felt guilty about lying to her best friend.

Aarohi smacked her forehead with her palm.

“Lord… and here I was secretly hoping that you were meeting someone.”

“Nice.” Akshara let out a laugh.

“You know organizing weddings is cool, but you need to get your own life. You need to either go on dates or start dating people we meet as part of our work.”

“Not happening.” Akshara shook her head.

“Then, you need an online profile, so you can start seeing someone. You haven’t had a relationship since that prick ruined it all,” Aarohi grumbled.

Akshara rolled her eyes.

“It’s not because of him that I don’t meet other people, it’s because of work.”

“Then prove me wrong that your ex is not the reason you don’t date anymore.”

Akshara laughed.

“I will after Anisha’s wedding.”

“I don’t believe you. Then, you’ll say after my wedding.” Aarohi laughed.

“Are you getting married? Who is the lucky guy?” Akshara winked.

“I know you will find another excuse and—”

“Aarohi, I’m serious. I will create an online matrimonial profile right after Anisha’s wedding.”

“Promise?”

“Yes. I got to go. You guys have fun.” Akshara left her office and headed to the parking lot.

Akshara was excited about the surprise Abhimanyu was about to give his sister.

The best gift in her mind.

She followed the instructions to Abhimanyu’s place and realized he lived pretty close to his office and was in an upscale apartment complex.

Abhimanyu’s parents’ mansion was one of the most beautiful homes she had ever been to, and if it were up to her, she would live in that house to be close to the parents, and not live on his own like Abhimanyu did. But she knew people enjoyed their freedom. Not everyone obsessed over living with their parents, and she knew it would end up being a fantasy that would never be a reality for her.